Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Bad news for Seca driver's

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Bad news for Seca driver's
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you thought 92 decibels was bad now they are lowering it to 90. Not even stock cars are going to pass that, I think there trying to put the track out of business.
I couldn't pass sound when it was 92 depending on the temp that day.....what a joke [BS flag]

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag]
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I plan on going to Shelby Club at Laguna on June 23. I think I'll be OK for sound but never had a sound check so I'm not sure. As you said, it also varies depending on the weather.

I wouldn't be surprised if some clubs give up on Laguna. You really need to fill all the run groups to make it pay and the tighter sound restriction will disqualify more cars.

Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SteveL:
I plan on going to Shelby Club at Laguna on June 23. I think I'll be OK for sound but never had a sound check so I'm not sure. As you said, it also varies depending on the weather.

I wouldn't be surprised if some clubs give up on Laguna. You really need to fill all the run groups to make it pay and the tighter sound restriction will disqualify more cars.

Steve, I guarantee there going to lose money on this event and I bet it will be there last one.
In a couple years from now they will lower it to 88 db's and that will seal the deal for everyone!! Bye bye Laguna Seca, it was nice and you can tell your grand kids about it. I love politics

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com