Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Closer to god

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Closer to god
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I didn't think t was possible to go this fast around this track.
For those of you who've driven Sears Point...enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW_acF-IXOA&feature=youtu.be

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, looks fast. But, do it swang?

Lol, sick video.

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Awesome car, shitty driver. I'm surprised that fatass fit in the car.
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The car is Ruben's Barrichello's retired champion Ferarri F1 car!!! 930HP 19000 RPMs 1335 pounds !!!!
The cost? $3.5 million to say you own it, but you can't take it home EVER! it stays under the control of the maker.
Now to drive it on a racetrack you must cough up another $2,500 PER MINUTE OF DRIVE TIME! yes you read that right!
However its not allowed to operate it more than 40 minutes per day 2 day limit per event.

--------------------

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, he does take turn 1-2 correct. He hits that way late turn 1 apex to turn 2 is a simple snap right. His lines looked correct. I don't see why he would be considered shitty. [Confused]

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
straightliner1
¯
Member # 2679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for straightliner1  Ford pictures for straightliner1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
The car is Ruben's Barrichello's retired champion Ferarri F1 car!!! 930HP 19000 RPMs 1335 pounds !!!!
The cost? $3.5 million to say you own it, but you can't take it home EVER! it stays under the control of the maker.
Now to drive it on a racetrack you must cough up another $2,500 PER MINUTE OF DRIVE TIME! yes you read that right!
However its not allowed to operate it more than 40 minutes per day 2 day limit per event.

Where did you get this info?
Posts: 484 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
Well, he does take turn 1-2 correct. He hits that way late turn 1 apex to turn 2 is a simple snap right. His lines looked correct. I don't see why he would be considered shitty. [Confused]

He's off the burms by a good foot consistently in turn 1-2. He's taking the turn 3 complex at 90 to 98mph, a good AI driver can take that complex in the low to mid 80mph range. He's not tracking out at the bottom of the carousel. And he is braking way too early for an F1 car. Hey, I might take it easy in a multi million dollar race car also, just saying he is no where near the limit of that car and he is inconsistent.
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The burms at Sears are a bit high though for F1. My guess, since it's not "his" car completely, they might regulate him to where he can't. But I see what you mean on turn 6. He doesn't let it track out for shit. But comparing to most people I see he does hold turn 1 wide longer then most do. Most dive in WAY to early and hug the inside of 1, instead of hanging late and making an almost straight line from 1-2's turn in. I hate watching the line most Cup cars take there. They are so far off line it's not even funny.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

quote:
Originally posted by straightliner1:
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:

Where did you get this info?
Got this from the guy who did the install of the cameras for this F1 car. The entire crew was flown in from Italy as well as the car. That's F1 for ya

--------------------

straightliner1
¯
Member # 2679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for straightliner1  Ford pictures for straightliner1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WOW!
Posts: 484 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com