Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Shelby Club 4/28-4/29...anyone signed up??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Shelby Club 4/28-4/29...anyone signed up??
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was wondering if anyone is planning to go to the NorCal Shelby Club event next week (4/28-4/29) at Thunderhill. Since I missed last week's NASA event, I think I'm going to sign up. The price is $270 for non-members. It's a bit higher priced than NASA and NCRC, but I'm sure there'll be lots of nice cars out there!

If/when I register, I'll most likely be in the RED group...hopefully this will be equivalent to NASA's group 3 [Confused] Let me know if you'll be there too [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm still considering it as I know a lot of the Shelby Club guys but, being the cheap bastard I am, the price is a turn off. It's still cheaper than NASA if you look at cost per lap.

You'll be fine in either red or green group as the rules are the same in both groups. I would recommend red as it will have 20 cars whereas green will have 30+ cars.

Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Steve, how many sessions do you get with Shelby? I'm signed up in the red group so hopefully its a good day! From what I read I'll need to get a tech inspection at the track...is that correct?

--------------------

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They'll be 5 sessions. The first session is usually shorter, typically 20 minutes. The rest should be 25 minutes.

Yes, there is a tech inspection at the track. If your car is ready to run you should have no problems. Bring your helmet to the inspection.

One thing that catches a lot of people is the requirement to have a fire extinguisher. It can be small but must be somewhere in the car. Glove compartment is fine for a small one. They'll have some extras but you'll need to leave a deposit you get back when you return the extinguisher. I'm not sure what they take as a deposit as I already have one. It may be your left nut.

What day did you sign up for?

[ April 19, 2012, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: SteveL ]

Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a fire extinguisher but still need to mount it somewhere in the car. Other than that, the car is pretty much ready to run. I'll be there on Saturday.

--------------------

DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEVERO2  Ford pictures for DEVERO2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was planning on it, but my car has an annomimous coolant leak somewhere so I dont think I will be driving, but I am planning on coming up to hang out
Posts: 641 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Do you think this event will have as many cars as mini nats @ Infineon? A couple of my friends want to go out there to check it out but I wasn't sure of there would be as much "eye candy" as there was at mini nats last year.

--------------------

straightliner1
¯
Member # 2679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for straightliner1  Ford pictures for straightliner1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The turnout is usually about the same, since it's the same group of guys.
Posts: 484 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEVERO2  Ford pictures for DEVERO2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
most of the time it is about the same. I would say that more people come out to infinion because it is closer to the bay area and it is supposed to be the big one of the year. I know that I only have the cash to do one open track this year because I am paying for my wedding so I am doing Mini Nats.
Posts: 641 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com