Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » NASA @ Infineon Saturday 3/10 (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: NASA @ Infineon Saturday 3/10
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just noticed that registration is open for the NASA event at Infineon on March 10th. I'm signed up for Group 3. Anyone else going??

Jay???
Greg??
[Big Grin]

I'll be in the white 98 cobra FALEEN #770. COme by and say whats up if you see me:burnout:

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn, I would like to but I don't think I'll have the car ready. I got my MM suspension parts on but I haven't aligned the car yet. I also plan to put my TKO back together and then I have to get it in the car and break in the new clutch. I guess I could break in the clutch on the track, I just can't do any drag launches. The street tires won't hook hard enough to hurt the clutch anyway. LOL! We'll see if I can get it together.

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm in! I'll be running in HPDE2. HPDE 1 was sold out so I just signed up for 2 and my pops will be my instructor. We will be taking the van with us so if you want to load your gear in the back instead of stuffing your truck, lol it's all good. Hit me up.

Greg? Are you there? Come on brotha.

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's what I'm talking about Jay! Ive been stuffing my car with my gear but I stopped bringing the canopy since I dont have anything to hold it down from flying away lol! I can bring it if u want to throw it in the van. You'll love Infineon! And it's so close to home [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm in! I'll be running in HPDE2. HPDE 1 was sold out so I just signed up for 2 and my pops will be my instructor lol. Hit me up.

Greg? Are you there? Come on brotha.

[ March 01, 2012, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: SnakeBit ]

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can't make the 10th for sure and I'm having issues with my Expo to tow it this weekend. If I don't make it soon you guys will be passing me on track ( can't have that ) !!

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Okay, next best thing is to just drive the monster GT!!!! That beast is street legal so you can just drive it to the track [Whoo Whooooo!] you know you want it!!! [Wink]

--------------------

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm questionable now. This a main cap from my motor as of Tuesday afternoon.

-

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:

-

What happened Tim? I thought you were just getting it freshend up? I was looking forward to seeing you in action [Frown]

I hope you can get it up and running in time! Good luck [patriot]

--------------------

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:

-

What happened Tim? I thought you were just getting it freshend up? I was looking forward to seeing you in action [Frown]

I hope you can get it up and running in time! Good luck [patriot]

When the bearing cap was getting torqued down it broke. Thankfully it was caught now. Dan is doing his best to get me ready by Friday, no guarantees though. I think I got more than enough out of that block, I think I might bury it in my back yard with a head stone
[Wink]

Ryn621
¯
Member # 11276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryn621  Ford pictures for Ryn621    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im new to racing how do i find info about what class and do i need training frist. i also have a 97 gt vert is that a problem thanks
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by Ryn621:
im new to racing how do i find info about what class and do i need training frist. i also have a 97 gt vert is that a problem thanks

I believe convertibles require at least a 4-pt roll bar, no matter which organization you run with. That being said, no, you don't need any "training" because it's not really "racing." If you're a beginner, you'll likely be in HPDE 1/group 1.

If you sign up with NASA, all group 1 drivers will receive an instructor for the entire day...you can kind of call this training. I'm not sure what other organizations provide free instructors, but I'm sure most do for at least one or two sessions.

--------------------

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The car is back on the road, but the damn TKO I just put in it has a problem with the 3-4 shift. It looks like it is coming back out!! I see that event is full now anyway. Maybe next time.

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for acmikee  Ford pictures for acmikee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will be there sat am only and all day sun. there is a 3 hour enduro on sunday.
Ryn621
¯
Member # 11276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryn621  Ford pictures for Ryn621    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the info. Is there a website I could check out
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by Ryn621:
Thanks for the info. Is there a website I could check out

http://www.nasaproracing.com/hpde/index.html

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Quick reminder...

Who else is going to be there??

Tim, is your car ready?? I'm really looking forward to seeing you and the outlaws in action [worship] (oh yea, tow strap [Wink] )

--------------------

4IDFOX
¯
Member # 9921

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4IDFOX  Ford pictures for 4IDFOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will be there trying to keep up with the outlaws.

Troy

Posts: 375 | From: Redding CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 4IDFOX:
I will be there trying to keep up with the outlaws.

Troy

Sweet! What car will you be in Troy?

--------------------

4IDFOX
¯
Member # 9921

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4IDFOX  Ford pictures for 4IDFOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This one

http://www.gotbluemilk.com/web120123/84/imagepages/image10.html

Posts: 375 | From: Redding CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

quote:
Quick reminder...

Tim, is your car ready?? I'm really looking forward to seeing you and the outlaws in action [worship] (oh yea, tow strap [Wink] )

I still don't have my motor. If I get it today I can make it if the break in goes without issue. It's going to be a long couple of nights. . .
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
quote:
Quick reminder...

I still don't have my motor. If I get it today I can make it if the break in goes without issue. It's going to be a long couple of nights. . .
Good luck man!!! Hope to see you out there [burnout]

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 4IDFOX:
This one

http://www.gotbluemilk.com/web120123/84/imagepages/image10.html

very nice! Look forward to seeing you in action as well [patriot]

--------------------

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ill come watch..lol

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
Ryn621
¯
Member # 11276

when does it end. im stuck at work in novato i get off at 6

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com