Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » SCCA AutoX @ Oakland Coliseum Oct. 5!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: SCCA AutoX @ Oakland Coliseum Oct. 5!!
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just want to give you guys a heads up that theres an SCCA AutoX event this weekend @ Oakland Coliseum. Its the first round of their SLUSH Series. Should be fun! Let me know if you're planning to go!

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

99Mamba
¯
Member # 7506

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99Mamba  Ford pictures for 99Mamba    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What time will it be?
Posts: 660 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jaime Zamora:
What time will it be?

I think the event starts at 8am, but they recommend you being there by 730 to register and walk the course.

Also, I just found out that you'll need an SCCA membership to enter this event...

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So will you be in a Porshe?

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
So will you be in a Porshe?

haha no, i wasn't able to meet up with him yesterday and now I can't get a hold of him...for all i know he might have backed out without telling me.

Ah well, I'll have some fun in the Saleen [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------

RSCapri
¯
Member # 6177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RSCapri  Ford pictures for RSCapri    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
any pics of your runs? how was it compared to AAS in Alameda last august?

--------------------
03 DSG Mach 1*SOLD
82 GT-5.0, 5spd, IRS *SOLD
79 Coupe*SOLD
84 Capri RS
94 GT *SOLD
82 Mercury Capri 5.0 *SOLD

Posts: 855 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Here's a picture of me and a quick video of my 2nd run.

The course was setup pretty tight since the person who setup this event drove a Miata, but it was actually better than it looked. It was a pretty quick course but very fun! The "good" drivers had laps in the 38-39 sec. range...my best was a 47.XXX [Razz]

Alameda was definitely a better venue [burnout]

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1460473486755554725

-

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cool little pic and vid. You got any interest in trying the open track thing?

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Cool little pic and vid. You got any interest in trying the open track thing?

Thanks man! I'm not very fast at all, but I do have fun out there [Big Grin] One day I do want to try open track, but right now I feel my car is too slow for it. Even if I setup my suspension, my motor just isn't up to par with those 400+ hp cars [Frown]

But yes, I do want to try it one day [patriot]

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Aaaahh...that's where your totally wrong. Trust me when I say this, your motor has nothing to do with it. I started out with a 98 GT and basic springs and bolt on's. This is what makes it fun, to watch your progression as a driver and the new additions you make to your car as time and money permit. There are so many open track groups to run with and so many makes and models of cars that run them. I've seen family sedans, Jettas, taurus sho's, Ferrari's, Studabacher's etc etc to full race cars. This is why they have different run groups and we all have to start somewhere....I did. I wouldn't want to see someone be intimidated and "over think" something before you really understand what your missing. Like Nike says....well you know. With the nice fall weather approaching you might want to reconsider.

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Aaaahh...that's where your totally wrong. Trust me when I say this, your motor has nothing to do with it. I started out with a 98 GT and basic springs and bolt on's. This is what makes it fun, to watch your progression as a driver and the new additions you make to your car as time and money permit. There are so many open track groups to run with and so many makes and models of cars that run them. I've seen family sedans, Jettas, taurus sho's, Ferrari's, Studabacher's etc etc to full race cars. This is why they have different run groups and we all have to start somewhere....I did. I wouldn't want to see someone be intimidated and "over think" something before you really understand what your missing. Like Nike says....well you know. With the nice fall weather approaching you might want to reconsider.

Well, in that case sign me up! Any good websites to check out to get more info on open track events?

Also, are trackdays on usually on the weekend or weekdays?

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

I'd check out Greenflagdriving.something, trackmasters, Shelbyclub and others. A great website to check out is opentracking.com. From the pics of your car it looks like you have 13" cobra brakes on the front. That's a great start. They mostly run on the weekends but there are many track days on the weekdays as well which tend to be less crowded and more track time for us. Single most important thing always is brakes and tires so just invest in some good high temp. brake fluid and good pads. If your doing the auto cross thing you probably already have good tires so you just basically need to sign up for an upcoming event and lets rock. I like Green flag alot and they run a good safe show with many makes and models and really cool helpful people. It's not a race it's just being able to drive the way you want legally in a controlled environment. I'm going to the November event because I got some good friends that do it anually...plus one of them just got his new Nissan GTR that he'll be breaking in on the track. Try it once and your hooked...trust me. After a day at the track you'll drive like a granny on the street and laugh at all the street racers from here on out.

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
I'd check out Greenflagdriving.something, trackmasters, Shelbyclub and others. A great website to check out is opentracking.com. From the pics of your car it looks like you have 13" cobra brakes on the front. That's a great start. They mostly run on the weekends but there are many track days on the weekdays as well which tend to be less crowded and more track time for us. Single most important thing always is brakes and tires so just invest in some good high temp. brake fluid and good pads. If your doing the auto cross thing you probably already have good tires so you just basically need to sign up for an upcoming event and lets rock. I like Green flag alot and they run a good safe show with many makes and models and really cool helpful people. It's not a race it's just being able to drive the way you want legally in a controlled environment. I'm going to the November event because I got some good friends that do it anually...plus one of them just got his new Nissan GTR that he'll be breaking in on the track. Try it once and your hooked...trust me. After a day at the track you'll drive like a granny on the street and laugh at all the street racers from here on out.

When and where is the November event that you're attending? Also, how many laps do you get in per session?

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Watching the debate....the event is late November, the weekend after Thanksgiveing. It is Buttonwillow Raceway which is right off Hwy 5 and about 2.5 hours away. Very rewarding race track, very versatile and very fun. Usually 4, 25 min. sessions but I'm not sure about the laps. I've never thought about it before but it's always enough driving for the day or weekend if you do that.

--------------------

RSCapri
¯
Member # 6177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RSCapri  Ford pictures for RSCapri    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Watching the debate....the event is late November, the weekend after Thanksgiveing. It is Buttonwillow Raceway which is right off Hwy 5 and about 2.5 hours away. Very rewarding race track, very versatile and very fun. Usually 4, 25 min. sessions but I'm not sure about the laps. I've never thought about it before but it's always enough driving for the day or weekend if you do that.

Oohh, I'm interested in this, Do you know how much it is to run, or is there a membership?

--------------------
03 DSG Mach 1*SOLD
82 GT-5.0, 5spd, IRS *SOLD
79 Coupe*SOLD
84 Capri RS
94 GT *SOLD
82 Mercury Capri 5.0 *SOLD

Posts: 855 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

This is a Green Flag Driving event. Check the website. There is no membership fees just pay for the event which is like $225.00 or 250.00 and your in.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com