Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » All the nor cal guys that are interested in drifting

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: All the nor cal guys that are interested in drifting
BOOSTED92GT
¯
Member # 8650

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOOSTED92GT  Ford pictures for BOOSTED92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I noticed in this thread http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000294
there was an interest in drifting. And rather than just bumping that thread, i'd thought i'd make a new one. There are events every month at thunderhill. It's $100 for a full day of drifting. You get sooooo much run time its crazy, everyone is super laid back too. Make sure to bring extra tires. A good website for info is http://norcaldrift.org/index.php?act=idx
Heres the thread for next months event
http://norcaldrift.org/index.php?showtopic=814
I've seen pics of a newer mach 1 out there. But thats about it as far as mustangs go. I'll probably be out there in october if i can find a t-5 and get my car tuned. It'll be the first time in the new car. Here are some pics from the last event that i was at.
 -
 -
 -
[Whoo Whooooo!]

[ September 22, 2008, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: BOOSTED92GT ]

--------------------
71 f250
68 coupe, soon to have terminator motor/trans/irs

dpracingdan
¯
Member # 5778

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dpracingdan  Ford pictures for dpracingdan    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Glad to see there are still some events going on.
Might have to bring Drift Patrol #2 out to an event as soon as she's all finished. 95% there now.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks like fun, but how do you drift anyway [Confused] How would I get my rearend loose like that? I know it can get loose off the line, but how so during a turn....just floor it as you turn??? SOrry for the ignorance, but I never tried it myself... [Big Grin]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

BOOSTED92GT
¯
Member # 8650

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOOSTED92GT  Ford pictures for BOOSTED92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by dpracingdan:
Glad to see there are still some events going on.
Might have to bring Drift Patrol #2 out to an event as soon as she's all finished. 95% there now.

That'd be awesome! Hes allowing tandem now too. Two sideways 5.0's would be sweet! I know Tony B came out there a couple months ago too.

[ September 23, 2008, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: BOOSTED92GT ]

--------------------
71 f250

BOOSTED92GT
¯
Member # 8650

quote:
Originally posted by S281 #314.... AKA SydeWayzSix:
Looks like fun, but how do you drift anyway [Confused] How would I get my rearend loose like that? I know it can get loose off the line, but how so during a turn....just floor it as you turn??? SOrry for the ignorance, but I never tried it myself... [Big Grin]

Theres a bunch of different ways to do it. the first thing you need to do is get some extra wheels/tires. I went through a complete set last time and maybe 50% of another. Theres a bunch of different ways to start to drift, or initiate.
Heres a website with some info http://www.driftsession.com/technique.htm
My favorite is clutch kicking. If your driving at the event you can also ride with the other drivers, so you can get some techniques from them. Watching's free, and if you just want to ride with people its $25 i think. You have to have their okay first of course though...

[ September 23, 2008, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: BOOSTED92GT ]

--------------------
71 f250

dpracingdan
¯
Member # 5778

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dpracingdan  Ford pictures for dpracingdan    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For anyone interested in drifting their Mustang, make sure to check out www.Drift50.com
J24I
¯
Member # 2598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J24I  Ford pictures for J24I    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats a nice conquest. I love those in that color. Electron Blue, staggered oem rims, and OEM FMIC ftw...if only they didnt have the overheating problems...

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

Posts: 2131 | From: Bay Area(925) | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
BOOSTED92GT
¯
Member # 8650

quote:
Originally posted by dpracingdan:
For anyone interested in drifting their Mustang, make sure to check out <a href="http://www.Drift50.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.Drift50.com</a>

I've been studying up on that site for a couple days. One of the first things i noticed when i bought my car was how crappy the steering angle was, it looks like its taken care of over there though. I still have a couple a questions, but i think ill just make a thread over there.

--------------------
71 f250

BOOSTED92GT
¯
Member # 8650

quote:
Originally posted by J24I:
thats a nice conquest. I love those in that color. Electron Blue, staggered oem rims, and OEM FMIC ftw...if only they didnt have the overheating problems...

thanks, i had just put some coilovers on it before i sold it. Didn't even get to try it out with the new suspesion all those pics were on 20 year old stuff. I don't really miss it as i sold it to a friend that lives two exits down the freeway. It was super nice but i know i can make the 5.0 the same if not better.

--------------------
71 f250

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com