Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » American Auto-X in Alameda (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: American Auto-X in Alameda
RSCapri
¯
Member # 6177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RSCapri  Ford pictures for RSCapri    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anybody going to this one?

http://www.americanauto-x.com/

--------------------
03 DSG Mach 1*SOLD
82 GT-5.0, 5spd, IRS *SOLD
79 Coupe*SOLD
84 Capri RS
94 GT *SOLD
82 Mercury Capri 5.0 *SOLD

Posts: 855 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I want to!! I tried looking on the website to see how to enter and what I need to do to the car but can't find any info. Can you please let me know if you have the info...

Thanks [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm in this one. This will be my first.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kingroy:

Nevermind...I emailed them and they said I just gotta be there by 8am...

This sounds fun!

For the people that have done this before, how does it work...does each car go one at a time through the course or is it kinda like a race?

Also, what do you reccommend doing to your car before entering? Tape or remove anything?

Thanks!

[ August 21, 2008, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: S281 #314.... AKA SydeWayzSix ]

--------------------

KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by S281 #314.... AKA SydeWayzSix:
quote:
Originally posted by kingroy:

Nevermind...I emailed them and they said I just gotta be there by 8am...

This sounds fun!

For the people that have done this before, how does it work...does each car go one at a time through the course or is it kinda like a race?

Also, what do you reccommend doing to your car before entering? Tape or remove anything?

Thanks!

Mike from Maier's racing invited me. He was telling me it's one at a time and there's 2 teams. While team 1 is racing, team 2 is running the track and vice versa. He says you will never get out of 2nd gear, just go from 1st to 2nd and stay in 2nd the whole time. He also says, that if you hit a cone it adds a second to your time and that cones wont damage your car. Hope this was helpful

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

So how many tracks are there? I've never done this and my car is slow, so if i get put into a team, they might hate on me [Big Grin]

What do you mean if team 1 is racing, then team 2 is running the track?

--------------------

KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

quote:
So how many tracks are there? I've never done this and my car is slow, so if i get put into a team, they might hate on me [Big Grin]

What do you mean if team 1 is racing, then team 2 is running the track?

You go one at a time. He says it take about a min to a min and a 1/2 to complete the track. Don't worry about how slow. Nobody will be mad at you. If so I'll kick em in their throat. haha/jp

while one team or group is racing. the other team or group is picking up cones and stuff like that.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Becca
¯
Member # 7004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Becca  Ford pictures for Becca  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey guys, I'll be there in my silver GT. Too loud (will fix that), not that fast. LOL

As for autocrossing in general its a blast!

Yes, you will probably stay in 2nd gear the whole time. Speeds of 60-65mph tops because its Alameda. How it works is there are several classes to run in. I personally run SM. They then group several classes together to become a group. While my group of classes is running another group will be working the track. You MUST work to run and be welcomed back. There are normally two groups in the morning and two int he afternoon although they may run break it down further into three groups morning and afternoon depending on attendance. There will be 4 runs and it is $50 to enter.

I highly recommend reviewing these two links to help you with what to expect and prepare for at the autocross:
http://www.gglotus.org/ggtech/autox-how2/howtoaut.htm
http://www.baautox.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=868&start=0&rid=288

As for classes, as a noobie you can probably just enter into FStock or ESP. You should be fine in those depending on your car's mods.

Morning groups please arrive by 8am. Afternoon, by 11:30am. You enter pay and sign in at the track.

Autocross is noobie friendly! Let someone know you're new and looking for pointers/ride alongs/general info and they'll be eager to help! The American Autocross community is wonderful! [patriot]

--------------------
Happiness isn't around the corner, happiness IS the corner!

'00 Silverado 1500 LT
'91 Mustang GT

Posts: 111 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Becca...thanks for all the info! I have an all stock 96 Saleen so I'll most likely be in the most stock class possible [Big Grin] . This is also my very first time entering an event like this so I'll most likely be hitting a lot of cones and going fairly slow.

Also, I'm going to bring my cousin with me and he wants to ride in the car while we run the course...this is OK, right?

I checked out the links you posted and noticed that its recommended to bring a cooler and ez-up canopy. Does Alameda have space for each attendee to setup a canopy and leave our belongings?

--------------------

RSCapri
¯
Member # 6177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RSCapri  Ford pictures for RSCapri    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man, this will be my first time too, so, I am oblivious to what is needed, but guys at ca-mustangs said that all you gotta have is a helmet(u can rent one too), and have you battery held down properly.

Anyway, U guys feel like meeting up somewhere first and then go there together? It should be cool if we were all in one group, ya know.

--------------------
03 DSG Mach 1*SOLD
79 Coupe*SOLD
84 Capri RS
94 GT *SOLD

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by At1Maverick69:
Man, this will be my first time too, so, I am oblivious to what is needed, but guys at ca-mustangs said that all you gotta have is a helmet(u can rent one too), and have you battery held down properly.

Anyway, U guys feel like meeting up somewhere first and then go there together? It should be cool if we were all in one group, ya know.

Im down to meet up...I was planning on going out there around 7:30 just so I can get prepared and stuff. Give me a call if you want to set something up.

BTW...what car are you taking out there?

-Ian (510)773-6551

--------------------

Becca
¯
Member # 7004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Becca  Ford pictures for Becca  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Becca...thanks for all the info! I have an all stock 96 Saleen so I'll most likely be in the most stock class possible [Big Grin] . This is also my very first time entering an event like this so I'll most likely be hitting a lot of cones and going fairly slow.

Also, I'm going to bring my cousin with me and he wants to ride in the car while we run the course...this is OK, right?

I checked out the links you posted and noticed that its recommended to bring a cooler and ez-up canopy. Does Alameda have space for each attendee to setup a canopy and leave our belongings?

Yes, he can ride along, but must wear a helmet and keep hands in the car at all times

Its only recommended to bring a cooler and ez-up because you will be outside in the elements all day. Definitely bring plenty of water. There will be a pit area where you can leave the stuff that must be removed from your car.

Don't worry about hitting cones and being slow. Like I said, autox is noobie friendly to those willing to learn. If you're planning to go out and just bust donuts and not pay attn thats a whole 'nother story [Wink]

--------------------

'00 Silverado 1500 LT
'91 Mustang GT

Becca
¯
Member # 7004

quote:

If you don't have a helmet you can get one on loan by exchanging your drivers license.

Standard tech stuff they check is for the battery to be held VERY SECURELY. You will be ousted for a wobbly battery. Also make sure your brakes are in working order, throttle, lug nuts are tightened, and wheel bearings are good. That's the standard checks. No loose items in the car.

Glad everyone's going to try it out!! I hope you catch the bug, it's very fun!!

--------------------

'00 Silverado 1500 LT
'91 Mustang GT

RSCapri
¯
Member # 6177

quote:
quote:

Im down to meet up...I was planning on going out there around 7:30 just so I can get prepared and stuff. Give me a call if you want to set something up.

BTW...what car are you taking out there?

-Ian (510)773-6551

I'll be there in my 82GT, I'll call you later, man. I feel so excited, yet so nervous, hehe

--------------------
03 DSG Mach 1*SOLD
79 Coupe*SOLD
84 Capri RS
94 GT *SOLD

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Well, I HAD A FUCKIN BLAST today! I was in the F-stock class and was nervous at first, but once I started the course, it was great!

It was very nice meeting you Becca! I dont think I saw your car AT1Maverick, but I hope you made it and had fun too.

Please, if anyone knows when the next event will be, PLEASE POST UP! I'm going to start saving for some suspension mods and tires.

--------------------

RSCapri
¯
Member # 6177

quote:
Well, I HAD A FUCKIN BLAST today! I was in the F-stock class and was nervous at first, but once I started the course, it was great!

It was very nice meeting you Becca! I dont think I saw your car AT1Maverick, but I hope you made it and had fun too.

Please, if anyone knows when the next event will be, PLEASE POST UP! I'm going to start saving for some suspension mods and tires.

Oh man! I thought u guys/gals were gonna go tomorrow!? Anyone gonna run again tomorrow? ahh, I missed out, I had to work today, man. got any pics or videos?

--------------------
03 DSG Mach 1*SOLD
79 Coupe*SOLD
84 Capri RS
94 GT *SOLD

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
quote:

Oh man! I thought u guys/gals were gonna go tomorrow!? Anyone gonna run again tomorrow? ahh, I missed out, I had to work today, man. got any pics or videos?
Yea we ran today (saturday). Its was perfect weather, nice view of the bay, and a hell of a time! If you go tomorrow have fun!

My best time was a 67.017...pretty slow compared to others, but I have really shitty tires, no suspension mods, and my very first time out. It was a definite improvement from my first run which was 77.XXX. I got lost on the course and lost traction on almost every turn [Big Grin]

--------------------

Becca
¯
Member # 7004

I ran both days and Sunday was definitely faster. Bested a 66 on Saturday with lots of room for improvement and then a 63.2 on Sunday with some minor sections to work on. There was a great spot in the course where you could haul some serious tail. Love AAS events. You guys have been spoiled! SCCA and NorcalUFO are way way tighter courses so be aware of that when you go there. Not trying to say don't go, just know that it's a different car they cater to. AAS caters to the Corvettes and Mustangs that need more room.

Glad everyone had fun!!!!

Ian it was nice meeting you too!

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by Becca:
I ran both days and Sunday was definitely faster. Bested a 66 on Saturday with lots of room for improvement and then a 63.2 on Sunday with some minor sections to work on. There was a great spot in the course where you could haul some serious tail. Love AAS events. You guys have been spoiled! SCCA and NorcalUFO are way way tighter courses so be aware of that when you go there. Not trying to say don't go, just know that it's a different car they cater to. AAS caters to the Corvettes and Mustangs that need more room.

Glad everyone had fun!!!!

Ian it was nice meeting you too!

Becca, what do you know about the SCCA event @ Golden Gate Fields on 9/7/08? Can anyone join this event or do you have to be a SCCA member? I have a few more guys that want in on the fun so we're trying to hit this one up.

Let me know if you know how this one works.

Thanks!

--------------------

RSCapri
¯
Member # 6177

Oh man, I must have been the slowest car there, my fastest was 81.128, I was slipping and sliding on every corner, not to mention I was a noobie, nervous and didn't trust my brakes to hold up good enough. And I was really puching it on my last run, but my car has an older 5.0L that's breathing through a 2bbl carb, so I'm hoping it wasn't all me that's slowing me down.

But, hey it was fun though. Becca, I wish I had met you, your buddy Ernest was talkin about you maybe being able to lend some pointers, what car were you driving?

--------------------
03 DSG Mach 1*SOLD
79 Coupe*SOLD
84 Capri RS
94 GT *SOLD

RSCapri
¯
Member # 6177

here's some of the pics my GF took:

-

-

-

-

--------------------
03 DSG Mach 1*SOLD
79 Coupe*SOLD
84 Capri RS
94 GT *SOLD

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Cool pics and nice car! Too bad we missed eachother.

Plan for the SCCA event at Golden Gate Fields on Sunday, Sept. 7...I plan to be there with 2 more Mustangs and a Porsche [burnout]

This sport is the SHIT [worship]

--------------------

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Cool pics and nice car! Too bad we missed eachother.

Plan for the SCCA event at Golden Gate Fields on Sunday, Sept. 7...I plan to be there with 2 more Mustangs and a Porsche [burnout]

This sport is the SHIT [worship]

make sure you get out to one of the AA-X events at Castle Airport, I've hit ~100-110mph on that layout before, sometimes they just make a ridiculous straight away that goes diagonally across the tarmac, it's so fun to hit the rev limiter in 3rd then nail the brakes for a 90* [burnout]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
RSCapri
¯
Member # 6177

Yeah, I heard about the events on Castle Airport, this was supposed to be held over there, but was changed last minute , I know you probably know that, guys. But for sure I'm gonna try to make it there at Golden Gate, Is there a link to that event somewhere, S281? though I'm afraid I'm not gonna be hitting 3 digit speed with any of my cars, on any layout, Blind, lol!

[ August 27, 2008, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: At1Maverick69 ]

--------------------
03 DSG Mach 1*SOLD
79 Coupe*SOLD
84 Capri RS
94 GT *SOLD

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Yeah, I heard about the events on Castle Airport, this was supposed to be held over there, but was changed last minute , I know you probably know that, guys. But for sure I'm gonna try to make it there at Golden Gate, Is there a link to that event somewhere, S281? though I'm afraid I'm not gonna be hitting 3 digit speed with any of my cars, on any layout, Blind, lol!

Check out www.sfrscca.org for the GGF event on the 7th [patriot]

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com