Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » questions

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: questions
lpj

Member # 6125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpj  Ford pictures for lpj    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 90 LX notch 5.0 with a T-5 that is clean, straight & has 68K on the clock. My son and I did most of the work, but i had to farm out some.
So, here are the questions:
How do I post a pix of the car?
Anyone know of better rear pads that will fit the MK VII calipers? (see modifications)
Any thoughts on tires? Mine (Falken ZE-512's) are hard as a rock - treadwear = 360. I'm considering DOT-R's like a NITTO NT-01. or a Bridgestone Potenza RE-01.
Tire pressures for a fox body? I ran 36# front & 38# rear. The car would get a little loose from time to time, which I chalked up to my lack of skill. But if this car was borne skiddish, maybe softer rear pressure would help?
I've been driving "fast" in mountians for 45 years (65 yrs. old), but I have only been to a track 2 times. Buttonwillow raceway. I can't wait til the next time! A Kick Ass time!
I'm also going to look into auto-X.
See my modifications below.
Modifications front to rear:
• Moved the battery to the trunk. It has a new 900 cranking-amp battery.
• Underdrive pulleys.
• K&N air filter.
• 76mm C&L mass air.
• 70mm Professional Products throttle body.
• Holley manual fuel pressure regulator.
• MSD coil, distributor cap and 8mm wires.
• Professional Products intake manifold w/ 3.8�� phenolic spacer. (this is an RPM Performer clone)
• Crane 1.7:1 rocker arms.
• 24# injectors.
• New AGR 15:1 power steering rack 7 pinion.
• Flaming River steering shaft.
• BBK equal length ceramic coated shorty headers.
• Dynomax S.S. H-pipes with hi flow cats.
• Flowmaster cat-back 2-1/2�� exhaust
• Steeda strut tower brace.
• Steeda G-Trak bar (to stiffen the K-member).
• Steeda adjustable caster camber plates.
• Steeda bump steer kit.
• SN 95 spindles w/ Maximum Morotsport front LCA's & ball joints.
• Maximum Motorsport 400#/in. coil overs w/ Bilsteine struts valved for the Fox Mustang.
• Hawk HB+ brake pads.
• 13�� Cobra front disk brakes with ’99 master cyl. & SS brake lines.
• Maximum Motorsports manual brake proportioning valve.
• Steeda full length subframe connectors.
• MM torque arm.
• MM 250#/in rear coil overs w/ Bilstein shocks valves for the Fox Mustang.
• Linclon Mark VII rear axles, disk brakes w SS brake lines.
• Maximum Motorsports adjustable rear lower control arms. (Upper control arms/quad shocks removed)
• Maximum Motorsports panhard bar.
• Maximum Motorsports adjustable rear swaybar.
• All bushings are polyurethane.
• 3.73 Ford Racng limited slip rear gears. Came with 3.08's.
• 5 lug 17 X 9 rims with 245/45/17 tires. (wear rating = 360)

9cobra7

Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Honestly my brain is a little foggy right now....big night last night. Sounds like a clean car with some nice stuff and you need to bring the car out to the track some more too! I don't know how to post pics yet either. Try talking to Maximum Motorsports about the rear pads. I don't know what you want to do with the car though. Street pads, semi street or full race pads and how often you want to work on the car and change out parts and such. If you liked driving on the track so much you should seriously consider some race rubber or something like a Kuhmo V700 victorracer tire which is dot legal and has a 50 treadwear rating and is a seriously fun track tire. Yjen keep what you have for the street. As you know your street tires won't last to long doing what you want to do and you will have WAAAYY more fun with a track tire. Tire pressure really varies like in this cost stuff we are haveing here. I Just drove at Laguna Seca last weekend and went up in pressure a couple pounds do to colder temps. I'd try something like 29 rear and 30 front and go up from there depending on the tires you run. Some like more pressure some like less. Your gonna have to mess around a bit with this and come in from the track and add a pound here and there till you feel it's good for you. Some people drive the hell out of there cars and some like a Sunday drive. It all depends and there are to many variables in driving to go over everything. I'd really pursue the auto cross...you will learn more there than anywhere. Then take it to the track. Overall your car sounds like it's pretty done up with the spring rates and 13in cobras on that car will work great. Have fun and I'll see you at the track

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

85gtcarbro8du-up

Member # 5169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85gtcarbro8du-up  Ford pictures for 85gtcarbro8du-up    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
to post pix

[img] thedirectlinktopicturehere [/img]
so [img] in the front and [/img] in the back of the direct link to picture
hope this helps

--------------------
weiand blown 302 with all the goodies

too many horses and ft lbs for a t-5. looks like rebuild or upgrade time

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com