Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Pics from NASA 11/10/07 Sears Point

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Pics from NASA 11/10/07 Sears Point
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I decided to take a few pictures since my car was down.

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey I'm famous!
Termin8Him
¯
Member # 7895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Termin8Him  Ford pictures for Termin8Him    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how do u get into that kind of racing???

--------------------
-whippled termy
-07 silverado

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.nasaproracing.com/norcal

There are a bunch of local groups that run track days. I like nasa because they pound safety into your noggin, they're very organized, and the price is right. You get four 20 minute sessions each day.

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I actually have a few various pictures of your car. Some good, some not so good. Lighting and such. I try to post some others.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

-

-

-

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

OK, since I was out off the track, i got a good chance to watch everyones line. Some pointers for next time. When running the turn 7 with the 7a late turn, you need to really change your whole approach to that corner. First Late, late, did I say late brake it. Also, you want to make the first turn of it a extremely early apex, but so that you do not make a full 90* turn. You want to shoot yourself out into what normally is the run off, (hense why the late brake, becuase you need alot of speed to do this correctly) Then in that middle picture see those grates, you want your right tires to pass them on the right side of the car. This forces you to hold the correct line for a super late apex on 7a. But by doing this, turn 8 at the beginning of the esses becomes a straight vs. a hard left after a hard right. You can carry almost 15-20mph more by the time you get to turn 9.

Here look at the example I made. Where the red line is is where you need to put your right tires.

-

-

-

Oh, and don't worry, the whole day only 1 car was taking that section correct. Sometimes its better to watch outside the car to see where you need to be at in the car. [Wink]

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

That was the first time I've ever run the 7-7a configuration and it was giving me fits all day long. I never felt like I figured it out. Thanks for tips.
BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIzKitBrAIn  Ford pictures for BIzKitBrAIn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The new coupe looks good tim!

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR
07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Posts: 609 | From: Campbell, CA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
big dogg
¯
Member # 8032

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for big dogg  Ford pictures for big dogg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
great pics hope you had alot of fun
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What would you suggest for a cheap NASA/autox project beginner car?

E36 3 series, E30, fox body, or a 4th gen V6 fbody? Something else? I know the E36 M3 has almost perfect 50/50 weight distribution.

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Out of the box, the bmw's will handle better than the mustang. I would read some bmw websites to find out what issues the older cars have. I know it's expensive to modify both the suspension and the engine for bmw's. Mustangs are dirt cheap and so are the parts but it takes extensive modifications to make them capable track cars. It all depends on what type of car you like. The best route to go is to save up some cash for a completed open track car, you can find them for far less than it takes to build one.
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
Out of the box, the bmw's will handle better than the mustang. I would read some bmw websites to find out what issues the older cars have. I know it's expensive to modify both the suspension and the engine for bmw's. Mustangs are dirt cheap and so are the parts but it takes extensive modifications to make them capable track cars. It all depends on what type of car you like. The best route to go is to save up some cash for a completed open track car, you can find them for far less than it takes to build one.

I have a few buddies with M3's and they do very well stock with different tires and a some mods to their cooling system. They would run circles around my pig of a vert. But they also have about a 50-60k price difference between our two cars.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com