Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Last American Autocross for this year - Sept 8th and 9th

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Last American Autocross for this year - Sept 8th and 9th
Becca
¯
Member # 7004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Becca  Ford pictures for Becca  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
AAS (American Autocross Series) is hosting its last event of the season on Sept 8th and 9th. Hope to see some other Fords there. I run in the morning both days, if you see a silver 5.0 say Hi.

More info on autocrossing here

--------------------
Happiness isn't around the corner, happiness IS the corner!

'00 Silverado 1500 LT
'91 Mustang GT

Posts: 111 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
newcastle
¯
Member # 4691

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcastle  Ford pictures for newcastle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i will be there in my c prepared 1990 lx. [patriot]
Becca
¯
Member # 7004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Becca  Ford pictures for Becca  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
C Prepared? White? I can't remember an LX... remember lots of coupes though. I was the silver GT.
newcastle
¯
Member # 4691

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcastle  Ford pictures for newcastle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's a notchback. It has a gt nose on it tho... I think I saw you, I was working while you were driving on Sunday. Are you doing any improvements to your car this winter? Are you in FS?
Becca
¯
Member # 7004

Oh yeah I did see your car.

I'm in SM because of the motor. Hoping to upgrade to an MM coil over kit, MM rear LCAs, and detroit locker for next season.

--------------------
Happiness isn't around the corner, happiness IS the corner!

'00 Silverado 1500 LT
'91 Mustang GT

newcastle
¯
Member # 4691

I am working on getting a detroit locker right now, also. Hope to see you at some slush events!
kpl
¯
Member # 1879

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kpl  Ford pictures for kpl  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why the detroit locker vs a torsen T2 or T2R?
Posts: 83 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
newcastle
¯
Member # 4691

I would like a detroit locker based on input that I have received from some local drivers (all in cp). In theory, the T2R sounds like a better option for autocross. Not sure if they hold up well enough for the money, though. http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=963036

Do you have any firsthand autocross experience with one in a mustang?

kpl
¯
Member # 1879

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kpl  Ford pictures for kpl  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
driven a car with one before and liked it, other than that just second hand experience. Interesting that people are starting to report problems with them now that they've been out for awhile. I never look on the corral anymore and wouldn't think anything of that thread but then I saw Sam's posts so that adds quite a bit of credibility. I've met road racers that ran T2R's and they liked them, but maybe they aren't reliable in the long run. A friend has been running a black gold for years in his track car with no trouble. I'll just be repacking the stock dif when necessary as any other dif ain't gonna make enough difference in the competitiveness of my car anyway to justify the $. I'd get more time out of stiffer springs and bigger bars.
Posts: 83 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com