Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » American Autocross 8/11 - 8/12

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: American Autocross 8/11 - 8/12
Becca
¯
Member # 7004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Becca  Ford pictures for Becca  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hope some of you can make the next American Autocross Event. These events are a blast! Last weekend I made normal runs and fun runs, 20 laps! The course was fantastic and got help from Mike Maier on setup suggestions and driving pointers.

quote:
The American Auto-X Series is an autocross organization, organizing a 16 event series per year. The series caters to the "American Iron", so therefore the courses are designed somewhat wider than most autocrosses across the nation. The series founder, Larry Park, loved Corvettes, and really enjoyed making them go faster and faster, and since Corvettes need more room to get that horsepower to the pavement, we will continue in that tradition as long as time will allow.
General things to know about AAS:

* There are no membership dues for AAS events, cost is $40.00 per event. We start at 9:00am and try to give everyone 5 runs as long as time permits, and you must work one rungroup per entry. Registration generally opens at 8:00am and is open all day Saturday and till 2:00pm on Sundays.
* Helmets are required, Snell M or SA 95 or newer. There are some loaners available.
* We have a once a year technical/safety inspection, once your car passes tech, you will get a tech sticker which must be displayed, and visible from a short distance.
* Class structure is based on SCCA classes, however not all SCCA classes are offered individually, there are some that are lightly subscribed, so they are combined and indexed. We do not allow Karts.
* You must have a valid drivers license to compete and there are minimum age (16) limits for AAS competitors. Those who are under 18 years old must have a signed parents consent form, and also must have a minors waiver form signed.

You do not have to stay for both days, but if you do, most of the racers stay at the Super8 Motel in Merced.

Hope to see some Mustangs out and about!! Look for me if you show, I'm in the silver 91 GT.

--------------------
Happiness isn't around the corner, happiness IS the corner!

'00 Silverado 1500 LT
'91 Mustang GT

Posts: 111 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
Becca
¯
Member # 7004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Becca  Ford pictures for Becca  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TTT

--------------------

'00 Silverado 1500 LT
'91 Mustang GT

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Becca when is the event and I think the new Riverside motorsports park is under construction in Merced. I can't wait til California gets 1 more track to drive!

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

Becca
¯
Member # 7004

Hello, the event is this weekend... 8/11 - 8/12 [Wink]

As for RMP, its on hold... check out this link:
http://www.mercedsunstar.com/local/story/13865772p-14436838c.html

--------------------

'00 Silverado 1500 LT
'91 Mustang GT

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com