Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Mustangs Kick A** at Drift Nationals!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Mustangs Kick A** at Drift Nationals!!!
dpracingdan
¯
Member # 5778

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for dpracingdan  Ford pictures for dpracingdan    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This passed weekend was the Formula Drift Pro Am series Nationals. In addition to the top amatuer drifters across the nation competing for their Formula D pro comp license, Formula D drivers from 2006 with not enough points had to compete to renew their license. Of the 50 or so entrants, 3 MUSTANGS were entered. Doug Van Brink Den Brink in his STS turbo 99 Mustang from the east, Tony Brakohiapa of Team X 06 Saleen (already in Formula D) and Dan Pina (me) in the 87 Griggs Racing Drift Patrol.
All three cars qualified in the top 16,

Tony B (06 Saleen) qualified 2nd
Doug Van Den Brink (turbo 99) 8th
Dan Pina (Drift Patrol) 10th

automatically granting them a provisional license. Full licenses were given out to the top 8 finishers after tandem elimination.
All three cars won their first round of elimination, moving on to the "great 8". Dan (drift patrol) and Tony B (Saleen)were matched up in the top 8. The battle was so close, they tied the first match, and had to run "one more time". This time Dan Pina (drift Patrol) advanced to the top 4. Doug (turbo 99) won his great 8 match, and his top 4 match, earning his way to 1st place!!! Dan (drift patrol) battled with formula d licensed quoc ly, and was defeated, placing 3rd. Now all 3 mustang drivers have thier full comp licenses to compete in Formula D next year. Amazing results, just goes to show Mustangs are awesome cars for just about everything, Drag, Road Race, AND drift!!!

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats, good to see ford making it's mark.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot] bet yall cant beat my on needforspeed carbon drift [Smile]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they wouldn't happen to have a video of that competition do they? I'd like to see how they drift...just sick of seeing all these 240s and stuff sliding around...

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
future9er24
¯
Member # 7292

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for future9er24  Ford pictures for future9er24    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ditto, vids and pics would rock.

Congrats

--------------------
Arin
'76 Cobra II 5.0 EFI

Posts: 143 | From: Redwood city CA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com