Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Road Racing Revival!!! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Road Racing Revival!!!
jcm3man
¯
Member # 3834

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcm3man  Ford pictures for jcm3man  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9COBRA8:
quote:
Originally posted by jcm3man:
OK...

I'm kinda dissappointed that the Road Racing forum is so thin...!!!

I want to try to bring life to this forum and get all you closet road racers out!!!

Sounds good to us!! Don't hesitate to post often in this section. If you need any administrative help, feel free to email feedback@californiafords.com . We need to get the road racing section off the ground. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on going about this?
Thanks for the support 9COBRA8... i'll try to post as often as I can!

John

--------------------
WWW.ALTEREDSPEED.COM
(209)234-7890
john@alteredspeed.com
Diablosport, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, etc.

jcm3man
¯
Member # 3834

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcm3man  Ford pictures for jcm3man  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bobh:
I be interested.

Interested in Road Racing in General or Interested in NASA Events?

John

--------------------
WWW.ALTEREDSPEED.COM
(209)234-7890
john@alteredspeed.com

bobh
¯
Member # 1495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bobh  Ford pictures for bobh  Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol
I didn't know this had turned into a multiple choice question.
A day at THill
Sorry, I ran Nasa once. Never again.

jcm3man
¯
Member # 3834

quote:
Originally posted by bobh:
lol
I didn't know this had turned into a multiple choice question.
A day at THill
Sorry, I ran Nasa once. Never again.

I'm Curious...??? What turned you off to NASA? and what are you interested in as a road racing venue? are you looking for 1 day events like the one discussed or are you interested in participating more often?

[ December 20, 2003, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: jcm3man ]

--------------------
WWW.ALTEREDSPEED.COM
(209)234-7890
john@alteredspeed.com

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've been getting into the autocrossing gig lately and just purchased about $1000 worth of suspension parts from Steeda. There are quite a few on this board that autocross. Chosen1 and ON N2O got me hooked. The enthusiasm is there for some, you usually see these posts in the tech section or general talk or events because no one except the auto crossers and road racers pay attention to this section of the board, I'll try and post here for you more, see if I can help get it going again [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
bobh
¯
Member # 1495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bobh  Ford pictures for bobh  Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jcm3man:
I'm Curious...??? What turned you off to NASA? and what are you interested in as a road racing venue? are you looking for 1 day events like the one discussed or are you interested in participating more often?

Nasa was my 2nd time on the track, I believe. Couple things I didn't like:
1. Too damned many cars. It's like driving US101 at rush hour. You don't learn anything that way.
2. Instructors seemed very good, but the process they had you follow was to get you ready for their race series. That's fine if that's what you want to do.

I'm not interested in racing. I'm interested in a few open-track days a year.

I've been doing it long enough that I can help out with instructing newbies. I've taught at Tracquest a couple times and for Team Miata at Thunderhill 4 or 5 times, at the THill street school once, and with another group once.

So yeah, if someone is able to organize a track day that'd be great.

jcm3man
¯
Member # 3834

More Posts!

I know there is road racer blood flowing out there [Smile]

John

--------------------
WWW.ALTEREDSPEED.COM
(209)234-7890
john@alteredspeed.com

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This might help...

Track day schedule

Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
jcm3man
¯
Member # 3834

Roush #92

Thanks for the link

--------------------
WWW.ALTEREDSPEED.COM
(209)234-7890
john@alteredspeed.com

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this section is coming back slowly but surely [patriot]

--------------------

-Me

NCDA
¯
Member # 3873

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NCDA  Ford pictures for NCDA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What about us, less crowded than NASA, cheaper, and less about racing, more about the enjoyment of open track.

NCDA Staff

One of our staff instructors will be out there in an 01 cobra, all stock, instructing in both traditional "grip" driving, and also putting on a drift show!

Hope to see some mustangs represent!

--------------------
01 Cobra

[IMG]http://www.theoryseven.com/rokm/sylynt/ncda.jpg[/IMG]

NCDA
¯
Member # 3873

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NCDA  Ford pictures for NCDA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
www.ncda.net

NCDA Inaugural Open Track Event
In Co-operation with Thunderhill Park

Drivers School

Date: January 17, 2004
5250 Hwy 162
Willows, CA 95988

--------------------
01 Cobra

[IMG]http://www.theoryseven.com/rokm/sylynt/ncda.jpg[/IMG]

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

How much will that cost, and I have a Vert, is it a mandatory Roll bar??? [Confused]

--------------------

-Me

jcm3man
¯
Member # 3834

quote:
Originally posted by DropTopFox:
How much will that cost, and I have a Vert, is it a mandatory Roll bar??? [Confused]

The NCDA used to require a hardtop convertible only, but now they allow convertibles, but you do have to have a roll bar.

I can help you with a roll bar if you are interested.

John

[ December 28, 2003, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: jcm3man ]

--------------------
WWW.ALTEREDSPEED.COM
(209)234-7890
john@alteredspeed.com

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

If I wasn't doing $2000 in body work right now, I'd buy a roll bar, but I think you can understanding where funding for Droptopfox is at right now [Wink]

--------------------

-Me

jcm3man
¯
Member # 3834

quote:
Originally posted by DropTopFox:
If I wasn't doing $2000 in body work right now, I'd buy a roll bar, but I think you can understanding where funding for Droptopfox is at right now [Wink]

Hey, no problem...

I understand and I will be available whenever you're ready.

John

--------------------
WWW.ALTEREDSPEED.COM
(209)234-7890
john@alteredspeed.com

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

i'll get the bar eventually, it's hard going to school and not working [Frown]

--------------------

-Me

jcm3man
¯
Member # 3834

FYI,

All those that are interested in Road Racing or at least having fun driving on a road course...

The first event is not that far off... Feb. 7-8

http://www.nasaproracing.com/schedules/norcal.html

Also the first drifting event is the 17th of this month. http://www.ncda.net

If you have any interest let me know.

John

[ January 06, 2004, 02:36 AM: Message edited by: jcm3man ]

--------------------
WWW.ALTEREDSPEED.COM
(209)234-7890
john@alteredspeed.com

GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOT 50  Ford pictures for GOT 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what do i have to do to be able to enter this event?
Posts: 2139 | From: SF/DALY CITY/MILLBRAE | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
jcm3man
¯
Member # 3834

quote:
Originally posted by GOT 50:
what do i have to do to be able to enter this event?

The road racing event or the drifting event?

John

--------------------
WWW.ALTEREDSPEED.COM
(209)234-7890
john@alteredspeed.com

jcm3man
¯
Member # 3834

To all that are interested... the first event of the NASA season will be next weekend... Feb. 7-8. There will be a drifting event help in the paddock area also. The drifting event is being hosted by the US Drift association. HPDE will be given more track time than usual this event... if you are interested... don't miss this one!
www.nasaproracing.com

--------------------
WWW.ALTEREDSPEED.COM
(209)234-7890
john@alteredspeed.com

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com