Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » AAS autoX July 5 & 6 @ Castle Airport

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: AAS autoX July 5 & 6 @ Castle Airport
Todd Z28
¯
Member # 951

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for Todd Z28  Ford pictures for Todd Z28  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey everyone, just visiting from NorCal-LS1.
Thought some of you might be interested in the American Autocross event July 5 & 6 at Castle Airport in Merced. These events are set up to favor big, V8 cars with wider, faster tracks. At some of the events I get into 3rd gear [Smile] so that's about 80+mph.
The July event is traditionally the Larry Park Memorial. Larry was the founder of this series and builder of some bad ass Vettes until he was killed by his wife....
Anyway, the Larry Park Memorial event is usually one of the fastest of the year so it should be fun...
go to www.americanauto-x.com for details

Hope to see some of you there [Smile]

--------------------
'98 Z28 (almost stock)
AutoX #72 Street Mod
'68 Corvette
BSP-V #00
www.americanauto-x.com

rr_mustang
¯
Member # 888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rr_mustang  Ford pictures for rr_mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Z28:
These events are set up to favor big, V8 cars with wider, faster tracks. At some of the events I get into 3rd gear [Smile] so that's about 80+mph.

lately Frank is trying to design roadracing courses rather than an auto-x course

--------------------
Dart 408 w/ AFR 205's

Posts: 473 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
FordPny
¯
Member # 510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordPny  Ford pictures for FordPny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ill be there for sure.

I heard theres going to be a black 86 stang out there that Im going to smoke.

--------------------
Holla at yoo boooyyy

Posts: 2458 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
rr_mustang
¯
Member # 888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rr_mustang  Ford pictures for rr_mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FordPny:
I heard theres going to be a black 86 stang out there that Im going to smoke.

First of all it is an 85, second when did you step up to CP? I thought you were in the slow..sorry, f-stock class. [Big Grin]

I will probably not be taking the 85 there, might be driving the 36CP car.

--------------------
Dart 408 w/ AFR 205's

FordPny
¯
Member # 510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordPny  Ford pictures for FordPny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
85 86 sorry they all look the same to me "crappy" [Big Grin]

bring the ss and run me in Fstock [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
Holla at yoo boooyyy

Posts: 2458 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
rr_mustang
¯
Member # 888

quote:
Originally posted by FordPny:
bring the ss and smoke me in Fstock [Eek!] [Eek!]

SS is sold

--------------------
Dart 408 w/ AFR 205's

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com