Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Sears Point/Infineon and ThunderHill Events

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Sears Point/Infineon and ThunderHill Events
Doug Gale
Member # 2917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Gale  Ford pictures for Doug Gale  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey guys,

My name is Doug Gale and I’m sending you this note to introduce myself and inform you of a couple of track events I'll be hosting in Northern California this calendar year. These events are open to all organizations and vehicle types/brands. The events are:

-> August 19, Thunderhill Raceway in Willows, California.
-> November 22/23, Infineon/Sears Point Raceway in Sonoma, California.

A rare opportunity to spend a single day or full weekend at Infineon! (This event is also 'Rain out' insured!)

The group is called ‘TrackMasters Racing’ and it’s a Northern California Performance Driving group focused on providing affordable and safe Open Track and High Performance Instructional Driving Events at Infineon/Sears Point, Mazda/Laguna Seca, and Thunderhill Raceways.

I’ve been organizing and hosting track events since 1997 and have recently left my role as a founder of one of the largest NorCal groups to start TrackMasters Racing. I have a perfect safety record on the track and we always have fun!

I don’t do this for a living, therefore my main objective is to set-up and host track events that provide opportunities for myself and other drivers to get out on the track! That’s it! No hidden agendas, just pure track time at as close to 'cost' as possible!

Check out the site and apply for membership if you like what you see. It's free!

--------------------
Doug Gale
www.trackmasters-racing.com

griffined
¯
Member # 1330

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for griffined  Ford pictures for griffined  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Doug,

I checked out your site, and there are some things I like. I have been running with NASA's HPDE and you are right that the long wait between sessions can be a bummer.

Do you know what your rules about rollbars in convertables will be? I have been using my 00R at the track, but one of these days I'd like to take my 01 Vert out, which doesn't have a roll bar.

How many sessions of what duration do you think you will have on a typical day at Sears Point?

Ed

--------------------
2001 Cobra Vert #678 of 3384
269 SAE rwhp 279 Tq stock
2000 Cobra R #154 of 300
395 SAE rwhp 398 Tq
1986 Mustang SVO daily driver

Posts: 207 | From: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: May 2002  |  :
bimmer24
¯
Member # 2450

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bimmer24  Ford pictures for bimmer24    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Doug if you want to get more people to your event you should lower the cost. Your fees are almost double that of NASA Both days at Sears your charging $560 with NASA it's only $299. Your single day prices are way to high also. I'm not trying to be a dick here just watching out for your business oppertunity.
racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Scott, it is true that the cost for Trackmasters is a lot.
NASA can afford to charge so much less because they attract several hundred people each weekend. These other track events are usually with less than 100 cars, so the run groups can be longer, plus you get more sessions. Twice as much track time.

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

93cobra
¯
Member # 2635

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93cobra  Ford pictures for 93cobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot]

--------------------
93foxbody wtb 93 cobra intake

Posts: 673 | From: vacaville,ca | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com