Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » NASA Infineon 5/25 ?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: NASA Infineon 5/25 ?
griffined
¯
Member # 1330

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for griffined  Ford pictures for griffined  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any one else going to be up at Sears Point on the 25th for the NASA event?

I'll have my R in HPDE group 1 again.(my 2nd time out) [Smile]

--------------------
2001 Cobra Vert #678 of 3384
269 SAE rwhp 279 Tq stock
2000 Cobra R #154 of 300
395 SAE rwhp 398 Tq
1986 Mustang SVO daily driver

Posts: 207 | From: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: May 2002  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will be heading up there, I think its the weekend that they're running Pro Sedan series...My friend sponsers NASA and can get me some free practice laps or atleast some FUN ride alongs [Big Grin] ....

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I might. I got to get new control arms first, but if they get here in time I am interested. How much does it cost to run in nasa, and got any info???? I am just getting into full course racing. I was in Buttonwillow this last weekend for the Hotchkis day at the track, and bent my control arms. So I know I need to upgrade before I can go out. But is there any things you need to have??? [Confused]

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
griffined
¯
Member # 1330

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for griffined  Ford pictures for griffined  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Info on NASA

--------------------
2000 Cobra R #154 of 300
395 SAE rwhp 398 Tq

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
I might. I got to get new control arms first, but if they get here in time I am interested. How much does it cost to run in nasa, and got any info???? I am just getting into full course racing. I was in Buttonwillow this last weekend for the Hotchkis day at the track, and bent my control arms. So I know I need to upgrade before I can go out. But is there any things you need to have??? [Confused]

WOW!!!..How did you bend your control arms?...uppers or lowers?...What brand were they and which new ones are you gonna buy?....

--------------------

Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:

I got some uppers and lowers that you can have for cheap if you need a quick fix.

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Well, there were a TON of nice cars at the track today!!!!..I saw about ten Factory Five Cobra's,(Daytona coupe as well) and even a '03 BMW M3 convertable racing with the top down!!!...I have to say my favorite car there was the Ferrari F50 [worship] ....

It sucked I didnt get any "rides-alongs" today...My wife was going to go, but she didnt, so I didnt have anyone to watch my son for me....Oh well, my son loves those loud cars!!...My sons favorite car was a brite pink Porsche "Slant Nose" 911/930 twin turbo(very loud)...He also liked the Yahoo sponsered Mini Cooper S...lol....I had to stop my son from climbing into the F50 a couple of times too.(Crazy!)..

It was nice to see a couple of caford guys out there...I hope to see Erwin(Sliver GT) and griffined(00 Cobra R) at the next NASA event...Maybe we can race [Razz] ...

~~griffined, was that you getting passed by a Miata on the back straight? [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------

griffined
¯
Member # 1330

Nice to see you as well.

Yep, that Blue Miata was being driven by an instructor. He followed me for a couple laps, and then I gave him the point by, and he gave me the follow me signal. He showed me how to take turns 7 and 11 a little better. Nice guy.

I suppose you didn't see the 98 HP Capri (old one) that was out in my group. That guy could also corner like crazy. I could always beat him down the straights, but I've got more to learn when it comes to cornering. I'm also not as balls to the walls as some of the folks with dedicated race cars and roll cages.

Ed [Big Grin]

--------------------
2000 Cobra R #154 of 300
395 SAE rwhp 398 Tq

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

I saw a blue and white in the front, like 76 Capri...It was very nice, if thats the one your talkin about...

I cant wait to go to Thunder Hill and Laguna!...I'll think I'll make arangemants for track time this time. [Big Grin]

--------------------

bimmer24
¯
Member # 2450

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bimmer24  Ford pictures for bimmer24    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You guys should go where ever the AI cars race. I'm currently building me AI and will be on the series next year. I'm at every event w/ my team.

These are real mustangs not like the ones you see driving in HPDE or on the street. Take a look at the website and their video.
http://www.americanironwest.com/

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com