Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » what kind of uppers and lowers???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: what kind of uppers and lowers???
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'm looking to get a set of upper and lower control arms...i'm into drag racing, but my daily is set up to handle....what are the best recommended control arms?

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
i'm looking to get a set of upper and lower control arms...i'm into drag racing, but my daily is set up to handle....what are the best recommended control arms?

Full interior....stock.....handling...? What happpened to Greg?

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not only that...i'm thinking about a supercharger...whats wrong with having a handling supercharged stang and a nitrious assisted drag car [Smile]

dont worry...summer is coming...look for my daily to be open header, no interior, sitting like a four by four popping wheelies on a street near you...lol

--------------------

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT  Ford pictures for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go with the steeda uppers and the HPM megabite jr lowers I have found this combination to work good on a daily driven street car.

--------------------
89 Saleen vert Bounty Hunter racing

http://www.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1324&papass=&sort=1&size=medium&thecat=

Its all stock and slow wanna run.

Pcharged46
¯
Member # 1664

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pcharged46  Ford pictures for Pcharged46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My previous coupe ,the one i STACKED,(NO COMMENTS FROM JOHNB OR 93REDCOBRA [Razz] ) Had all ford racing set up, uppers, lowers,springs etc. it handled really well.

--------------------
04 Gt, Procharger,ported bullitt intake, vt cams, patriot heads mahle pistons, manly rods... etc.etc.

DeleteThisAccount
¯
Member # 94

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeleteThisAccount  Ford pictures for DeleteThisAccount    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maximum Motorsports.

Dropped 2/10 off my 60' on a consistent basis and tightened up the handling quite a bit.

-Mike

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think you should get Steeda or Maximum Motorsport lowers with Steeda adjustable uppers...When you get the adjustable uppers you can change the pinion angle for drag racing or regular street driving.....That would probably be best bang for buck...

You could go all out with coil overs and a MM rear sway bar and MM drag racing lowers with sperical bearings at both ends of the lower control arms... [Big Grin]

Weight tranfer is more important in drag racing so, I think you should think about your shocks, if you dont already have some.....

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by Black94 5.0:
I think you should get Steeda or Maximum Motorsport lowers with Steeda adjustable uppers...When you get the adjustable uppers you can change the pinion angle for drag racing or regular street driving.....That would probably be best bang for buck...

You could go all out with coil overs and a MM rear sway bar and MM drag racing lowers with sperical bearings at both ends of the lower control arms... [Big Grin]

Weight tranfer is more important in drag racing so, I think you should think about your shocks, if you dont already have some.....

thx for the info...not to worried about drag racing this car...i got a coupe for that [Wink]

--------------------

rr_mustang
¯
Member # 888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rr_mustang  Ford pictures for rr_mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
are you planing on a panhard/torque arm setup?
if so, don't waste the money on the uppers.

--------------------
Dart 408 w/ AFR 205's

Posts: 473 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by rr_mustang:
are you planing on a panhard/torque arm setup?
if so, don't waste the money on the uppers.

prolly not...the drag racer in me is coming out...i'll keep you updated [Smile]

--------------------

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT  Ford pictures for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok greg i got the 4 link with coilovers ready when are we putting it in.

--------------------

http://www.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1324&papass=&sort=1&size=medium&thecat=

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by BOUNTY HUNTER VERT:
Ok greg i got the 4 link with coilovers ready when are we putting it in.

[worship]

interior is out and headers are uncapped....one headlight in affect...primered hood...ok those were the days [Smile]

--------------------

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

perfect ill bring over the nos kit and the iron darts with some moroso drag springs. Oh yea dont let me forget the plasma cutter so we can cut out all the supports.

--------------------

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
perfect ill bring over the nos kit and the iron darts with some moroso drag springs. Oh yea dont let me forget the plasma cutter so we can cut out all the supports.

coupe coupe coupe...your not allowed near the GT [Mad]

--------------------

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

Lol ok ok

--------------------

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

2200 lbs here we come lol

--------------------

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

GOAL: 2398 stock body ... stock glass... only fiberglass is the hood...

anyone care to doubt? [Smile]

[ May 10, 2003, 12:22 AM: Message edited by: Team SOLO ]

--------------------

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

i think we can pull 2350 i know of a few more things we can cut out.

--------------------

racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That is very light. When my friend built his notchback, We cut out all of the double wall in the car, the doors are completely gutted, every bit of sound deadener was removed, dash, heater box, everything that didn't need to be there was removed. It now weighs 2560 without a driver, and no fuel.

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by racercosmo:
That is very light. When my friend built his notchback, We cut out all of the double wall in the car, the doors are completely gutted, every bit of sound deadener was removed, dash, heater box, everything that didn't need to be there was removed. It now weighs 2560 without a driver, and no fuel.

You havent seen a car gutted until its "CASTRO" modified.

--------------------

racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I didn't say it's impossible, but I can't think of any more shit to cut out of this car.

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

I agree...

--------------------

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

Trust me with me and castro on it i guarantee we will hit the 2300 lb part. You havent sen hoe crazy we get with these things lol. I had my 90 gt with a 408 windsor and a 8 pt cage down to 2642 with alot of shit still in it like the dash and the door braces Heck i even had the carpet.

--------------------

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Trust me with me and castro on it i guarantee we will hit the 2300 lb part. You havent sen hoe crazy we get with these things lol. I had my 90 gt with a 408 windsor and a 8 pt cage down to 2642 with alot of shit still in it like the dash and the door braces Heck i even had the carpet.

yep yep..my 91 with stock k member, stock a arms, stock gas tank with ground affects and a ten point cage weighed 2660 without exhaust and 2700 with exhaust. Now, I got a coupe which already is lighter, cut out the spare tire area, got a five gallon fuel cell, tubular k member, tubular a arms, gutted the shit out of the car to the affect that if it doesn't make it go fast and is not needed it is gone. also, its a carberated car so I lose a shitload on wiring, and all the fuel injection crap. oh yes...23xx it will be [Smile]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com