Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » New car and alot of changes.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: New car and alot of changes.
rokcrln
¯
Member # 2536

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokcrln  Ford pictures for rokcrln    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I picked up a 91GT last month it is my first fox body out of like 55 cars. WhatI am looking to do is make it handle. I just bought the M&M road and track grip in a box. Also I added the torque arm kit and 96 motor sport A-arms. I am using the Maier racing full lengh subs and tower brace. Also I ordered a 5lug coversions kit so I can run a set of 94Ponys I picked up w/245/45/16 and 225/55/16. So what would the next step be?

--------------------
71 Bronco stock (for now) w/59k miles.
73 Bronco EFI 351W
71 Chevy PU w/Vett LT1

Posts: 448 | From: Winters Ca. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Drive it.

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

rr_mustang
¯
Member # 888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rr_mustang  Ford pictures for rr_mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by racercosmo:
Drive it.

As Cosmo mentioned, drive it. Actually drive the hell out of it!

Since you have already begun to mod it, finish up the installs and take it to a few open track sessions. See how the car handles and if you like it, then go from there.

[ April 03, 2003, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: rr_mustang ]

--------------------
Dart 408 w/ AFR 205's

Posts: 473 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
6 point cage or bigger brakes....

Whats the point in suspension when you cant brake for the next corner [Wink] ..I'm not sure what brakes you have, but if going with the bigger brakes is a problem cause of rim size then you should at least buy some Hawk pads for the brakes you have..

A 6 point will add even more stiffness and is required for some track events...Its also a great safty item...

[ April 04, 2003, 12:32 AM: Message edited by: Black94 5.0 ]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah go track that bithch. what bolt ons do you have noww
?

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

rokcrln
¯
Member # 2536

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokcrln  Ford pictures for rokcrln    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the replys. As far as bolt ons I have none so far. I just bought the car and the first thing I am doing is the suspention and a five lug convertion (all 96 brks and hardware). The 6pt cage is the next mod I will be building just need to clean the garage out from this tear down so I can start the cage. Then it will be exhaust, right now it is stock with flow welded in the stock tails. What are some of the local tracks to the sac. area and what kind of fee's are their to run. My buddy runs his 98 Lotus at thunder hill But I have never asked him much about it yet.

--------------------
71 Bronco stock (for now) w/59k miles.
73 Bronco EFI 351W
71 Chevy PU w/Vett LT1

Posts: 448 | From: Winters Ca. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would get that intake out of the engine comparment if your going to be tracking it. Get a good cold air

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com