Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Toyo Proxes

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Toyo Proxes
88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anybody familiar with these tires? I just bought some wheels with these tires on the front two wheels. They seem pretty good so far, but haven't had a chance to test them out too hard yet because of the weather. I'm just looking for some feedback on how good they are, or what other tires they are comparable.
Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Roush97
¯
Member # 2303

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roush97  Ford pictures for Roush97    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't know much about the performance aspects of the tires but I work at a Lexus dealership and those tires come on some of the new ES 300s. They wear very fast (5,000 to 10,000 miles and they are toast and that is on a luxury sedan that doesn't get driven hard) and are very suseptable to cupping (which causes a crap load of noise). I have Nitto 555's on my car and they are great as far as grip and they aren't too noisy. Not sure how they compare to other tires though. [burnout]
Posts: 292 | From: Bay Area California | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
rr_mustang
¯
Member # 888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rr_mustang  Ford pictures for rr_mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
which model do you have, RA-1?

--------------------
Dart 408 w/ AFR 205's

Posts: 473 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by rr_mustang:
which model do you have, RA-1?

I have the RZ-4's.
88gt
Custom
Member # 579

TTT

Anyone have any info/experience with these?

Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are they really that good?

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1784 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A couple of my old friends used to have those tires. They said they were descent, but wear fast. [burnout]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I run them on my car.
They are expensive tires.
They DO wear fast.
They look cool on the side walls though and have cool tread patterns. I'll keep buying them until the front's wear out and I need new tires.

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good tires do where a little fast but they look cool, and handle well. My old set went about 15 thousand miles and looked great, but i had to replace them do to the fact of my car being so low and the alighnment going off. They started to get fucked up on the inside of the tire, everything else had tons of tread.

Oh ya im the one that sold you the rims and tires, they have like almost no miles on those front tires.

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

Rally1
¯
Member # 2537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rally1  Ford pictures for Rally1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What is the treadwear rating on those tires that will tell you a lot. And do not keep the tires at max pressure probably 10 lbs under will do fine I had to learn the hard way with Bridgestone potenza's wore them out a little over a year, not cheap at all. [burnout]

--------------------
Stop with the excuses and race bitch!!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com