Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Green Flag Driving @ Buttonwillow

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Green Flag Driving @ Buttonwillow
rr_mustang
¯
Member # 888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rr_mustang  Ford pictures for rr_mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thought someone might be interested in going to Green Flag Driving opentrack event March 15th and 16th at ButtonWillow.

Green Flag '03 Events

--------------------
Dart 408 w/ AFR 205's

Posts: 473 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Bill/APEX Motorsports
¯
Member # 636

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill/APEX Motorsports  Ford pictures for Bill/APEX Motorsports  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be there with my '89 coupe for its maiden voyage! I'll only be racing on Sunday, as will a bunch of my other customers and the guys from the Z-car shop next door. Stop by and say hi!

--------------------
Bill Kaiser
APEX Motorsports
Santa Clara
www.apexmotorsports.com
408-562-1000
bill@apexmotorsports.com

Posts: 488 | From: Santa Clara, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be there if the weather looks dry. Haven't been to Buttonwillow before. Any idea what track configuration they'll use?

We just got the nitrogen tank at the office filled. I'm going to fill the tires with dry nitrogen and run with those.

Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
rr_mustang
¯
Member # 888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rr_mustang  Ford pictures for rr_mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Roush #92:
Any idea what track configuration they'll use?

I think they will be running the same config as the event last November with the star Mazda turn

-

[ February 25, 2003, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: rr_mustang ]

--------------------
Dart 408 w/ AFR 205's

Bill/APEX Motorsports
¯
Member # 636

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill/APEX Motorsports  Ford pictures for Bill/APEX Motorsports  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've never run any configuration other than #14, with the Sweeper or with Star Mazda, and it's always been clockwise except for Buttonwillow's second event after the grand opening, when we ran counter-clockwise.
It's my favorite track! rr_mustang, is your Dart 408 in your road race car?

rr_mustang
¯
Member # 888

quote:
Originally posted by Bill/APEX Motorsports:
rr_mustang, is your Dart 408 in your road race car?

rr_mustang
¯
Member # 888

quote:
Originally posted by Bill/APEX Motorsports:
rr_mustang, is your Dart 408 in your road race car?

Yes, it is in my '66 Mustang:

-

-

Bill/APEX Motorsports
¯
Member # 636

Nice looking car! How does the 408 run on the track? Oil temps? Where do you make peak power?
Are you going to the Buttonwillow event?

--------------------
Bill Kaiser
APEX Motorsports
Santa Clara
www.apexmotorsports.com
408-562-1000
bill@apexmotorsports.com

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the info on the configuration. I'm going to look up some in-car videos, maybe a course description. I've found them to help learn a new track.
Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
FordPny
¯
Member # 510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordPny  Ford pictures for FordPny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ill be out there for sure.

Hey RR_Mustang I got a silver 5.0 calling you out [Eek!]

jk bro just try to keep it in first the whole time so I can follow your lines hehe

--------------------
Holla at yoo boooyyy

Posts: 2458 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
darien87
¯
Member # 2022

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for darien87  Ford pictures for darien87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sweet Mustang rr. Did Elliott put that together for you?
Posts: 206 | From: South Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
rr_mustang
¯
Member # 888

Bill...I really like the power that the 408 makes, anywhere from 3K-7K rpm. I have not had the car dynoed yet, so i can't say the actual hp and torque ranges. oil temp is between 190-240 depending on the ambient temp (t-hill @ 105 degrees, it was running at 220 popping up to 240 on occasion). I will be at the Buttonwillow event, although I am not sure if I will be bringing this car, I am looking to purchase Eliots other race car (the Zebra car) and will be trying it out at that event.

fordpny...you don't want to follow my lines, rather you should follow someone who knows how to drive, Bill would be a good candidate.

darien87...thanks. I purchased the car turn-key with a Boss302 and blew that motor shortly after. Elliot has gone though everything on that car including building the motor, rebuilding the tranny and rearend, installing new brakes and fuel system. He does exceptional work and knows these cars inside and out. the car is actually at his shop now getting the interior put in.

Rahul

--------------------
Dart 408 w/ AFR 205's

Bill/APEX Motorsports
¯
Member # 636

Rahul, bring that car over for us to dyno when you get it back from Elliot! I'd like to see it in action on the dyno.
Ahhh...the zebra car. I've seen that one. It's a beast! See you at Buttonwillow!

--------------------
Bill Kaiser
APEX Motorsports
Santa Clara
www.apexmotorsports.com
408-562-1000
bill@apexmotorsports.com

87mustang
¯
Member # 2496

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87mustang  Ford pictures for 87mustang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
when is green flag going to lugna saca ???????

--------------------
BEAT YA

rr_mustang
¯
Member # 888

the schedule says September 27/28 -- Laguna Seca.

Although if you can't wait that long, NorCal Shelby Club is having an event @ LSIR on March 30th.

--------------------
Dart 408 w/ AFR 205's

87mustang
¯
Member # 2496

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87mustang  Ford pictures for 87mustang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thank u vary much, i will go to the green flag event 4 shure because i dont now anybody in the shelby club!

--------------------
BEAT YA

rr_mustang
¯
Member # 888

quote:
Originally posted by 87mustang:
i will go to the green flag event 4 shure because i dont now anybody in the shelby club!

You don't have to know anyone or be a member to attend. The weather should be hotter as well, helping those tires to stick better.

--------------------
Dart 408 w/ AFR 205's

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com