Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » FYI....Green Flag Driving Event @ Laguna Seca

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: FYI....Green Flag Driving Event @ Laguna Seca
rr_mustang
¯
Member # 888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rr_mustang  Ford pictures for rr_mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This weekend (Dec 21/22) Green Flag Driving is having an Open Track event at Laguna Seca. They run rain or shine.

You should be able to show-up, sign-up and run.

[ December 20, 2002, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: rr_mustang ]

--------------------
Dart 408 w/ AFR 205's

Posts: 473 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Bill/APEX Motorsports
¯
Member # 636

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill/APEX Motorsports  Ford pictures for Bill/APEX Motorsports  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I went to this event and drove a customer's '91 Mustang with a 306, Griggs suspension, and Baer brakes. Last time I drove was a year ago in a Viper at Buttonwillow, so it was fun to get back on the track. Loads of fun!
I also got a ride in a friend's new Porsche 911 GT2. Fastest car I've ever been in around a track. 456hp, rear wheel drive, ceramic brake rotors. The brakes are the most unbelievable thing. They should be, what with $38,000 rotors. Yes, you read that right. They're ceramic's creation and heat-treating process is very time-intensive. Awesome ride.
I'm hoping to have my '89 notchback finished within a couple months, so I can get back out on the track. I'm looking forward to it!

--------------------
Bill Kaiser
APEX Motorsports
Santa Clara
www.apexmotorsports.com
408-562-1000
bill@apexmotorsports.com

Posts: 488 | From: Santa Clara, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea I heard about those new ceramic rotors on the 911GT2 when the first were introducing it...$38K god damn, the car runs how much again ( i think i remem but not to sure) but still even for those being top of the line $38K wheres it all go? time isnt that much is it? [Confused]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

rr_mustang
¯
Member # 888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rr_mustang  Ford pictures for rr_mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That car is very nice and rightfully so, as I think the sticker is $180K. Rob is probably on of the best drivers out there, he can really make that thing sing.

Which car/group were you in?

--------------------
Dart 408 w/ AFR 205's

Posts: 473 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The guy literally had a sign up sheet for giving rides and his dance card was full. I too got a ride and the car is amazing. I thought it was great that someone with a supercar was so willing to share the experience.

Anyone get a ride in the Diablo? He didn't have it on the track for very long.

Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
have you guys ever heard of Justin Marks? Races a Porsche GT2 for the Flextronics team?
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Bill/APEX Motorsports
¯
Member # 636

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill/APEX Motorsports  Ford pictures for Bill/APEX Motorsports  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes, the car is about $180k. [Eek!]
I was the stand-in driver of my customer's white Fox Mustang, kind of pearlescent paint, chrome Cobra Rs, polished wing out back, #65 (I think). Considering he built it in his garage (and we did the suspension installation and some other things), it's very nicely prepared.
It was only his second event, so I spent most of Saturday instructing him. On Saturday afternoon, my other friend's 944 Turbo split the block in half, so there was an open spot for Sunday. I drove the Mustang three sessions, two in red and one in yellow. The car an overheating problem we were trying to work out (water temp up to 240 deg.), so halfway through each session, I had to drive fairly conservatively so as not to overheat. The car ran very strong and stuck very well. I was very pleased with the car, and my customer's abilities came a long way from the first session!

--------------------
Bill Kaiser
APEX Motorsports
Santa Clara
www.apexmotorsports.com
408-562-1000
bill@apexmotorsports.com

Posts: 488 | From: Santa Clara, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com