Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Thunderhill Street School

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Thunderhill Street School
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
was out working out at the street school on Saturday, freezing and foggy. My buddy who races Porsche GT2s had his WRX out there and took us each for a ride. Let me tell you how much control this guy had over his WRX. It just had springs and rims and it was SOOOO nuts. He was spinning around every corner and stayed on the track the entire time. He was an instructor for the street school and some of the people that worked there said he needed to cool it down and not make his tire's squeal. Wow, I have a new look at open tracking and it sure was fun [patriot]
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was at Sears Point today for the NASA event. A friend of mine was there with his own private Z-06 club. Seriously, he has one, his dad, his brother-in-law, and two of his friends. I had a few rides in the vettes, and Kevin wanted me to drive his car, I should have, but I didn't feel right. Then another one of his friends drives up in a Murcielago, they tell me he also has a Diablo.

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by racercosmo:
I was at Sears Point today for the NASA event. A friend of mine was there with his own private Z-06 club. Seriously, he has one, his dad, his brother-in-law, and two of his friends. I had a few rides in the vettes, and Kevin wanted me to drive his car, I should have, but I didn't feel right. Then another one of his friends drives up in a Murcielago, they tell me he also has a Diablo.

there were at least 6 Z06s in the B Group. There were no lambourghinis, there was a lotus espirit and then a ferrari 355 rolled through, but didnt participate. My buddies blue procharged Z06 was there. I had SO much fun. I may start flagging some events out at thunderhill now
cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
where is this at?

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
rsvl98gt
¯
Member # 1031

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rsvl98gt  Ford pictures for rsvl98gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
willows [patriot] . the ONLY reason you'd go to that town is for thunderhill. it's 25min from Chico, and it is right along I-5 .. maybe 1 hour or so north of Sacramento.
Posts: 173 | From: Roseville / chico | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

quote:
Originally posted by rsvl98gt:
willows [patriot] . the ONLY reason you'd go to that town is for thunderhill. it's 25min from Chico, and it is right along I-5 .. maybe 1 hour or so north of Sacramento.

wanna come out next time with us?
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How far is willows from Livermore?

--------------------
Support our troops!

Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How many cars are out on the track during each session at the Street School events?

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

quote:
Originally posted by 91sleeper:
How far is willows from Livermore?

2 hours, 150 miles

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/ddResults.py?Pyt=Tmap&tarname=&tardesc=&osd=&newname=&newdesc=&dsd=&newHash=&newTHash=&newErr=&newTErr=&newFL=Use+Address+Below&newaddr=&newcsz=livermore%2C+ca&newcountry=us&newTFL=Use+Address+Below&newtaddr=&newtcsz=willows%2C+ca &newtcountry=us&Submit=Get+Directions

2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

quote:
Originally posted by Wolfie351:
How many cars are out on the track during each session at the Street School events?

~35
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So whats this all about do you drive your own car or do you have an instuctor or what? H0w much$$$?

--------------------
Support our troops!

2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

quote:
So whats this all about do you drive your own car or do you have an instuctor or what? H0w much$$$?

the street school you drive your own car. There are many different events like the skidpad, threshold breaking, etc that you do not have an instructor in the car. For driving around the track yes, you must have an instructor in your Car if you are in classes A and B. These classes are filled with people that have never attended or attended only a few times. Class C drivers have the option of having an instructor with them. The cost is $190 for the day including lunch. It runs from about 9AM-4:30PM. [patriot]
griffined
¯
Member # 1330

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for griffined  Ford pictures for griffined  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm looking forward to taking the R out,but have to buy the helmet, gloves, shoes and other saftey stuff first. Sounds like a good time!

--------------------
2001 Cobra Vert #678 of 3384
269 SAE rwhp 279 Tq stock
2000 Cobra R #154 of 300
395 SAE rwhp 398 Tq
1986 Mustang SVO daily driver

Posts: 207 | From: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: May 2002  |  :
shaymart
¯
Member # 2007

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for shaymart  Ford pictures for shaymart  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The next one is Dec 14th. I think I am heading out there.

After that it is Laguna Seca Dec 23rd.

--------------------
01'Roush Stage 3 - 374.6 rwhp

Posts: 50 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ok so you need a helmet and what other safety gear?

--------------------
Support our troops!

2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

quote:

you just need a helmet for the street school
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Damn this sound like fun do you go one at a time or are there multiple cars on the track?

Thanks for the quick responses.

--------------------
Support our troops!

2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

quote:
Damn this sound like fun do you go one at a time or are there multiple cars on the track?

Thanks for the quick responses.

30-40 cars on the track at the same time
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

I defnatley have to do this and bring up some cars from over hear up there to do some driving.

--------------------
Support our troops!

rr_mustang
¯
Member # 888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rr_mustang  Ford pictures for rr_mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

What is Open Track?

--------------------
Dart 408 w/ AFR 205's

Posts: 473 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2000BlackGT:
quote:

you just need a helmet for the street school
I don't know about SCCA, but NASA also requires long pants and long sleeve shirt. Not a big deal, especially in winter time.

--------------------

rnowacki
¯
Member # 686

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rnowacki  Ford pictures for rnowacki    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If the car is a vert are you required to have a rollbar for this event?

--------------------
AFR 165 heads, FRPP headers, MM Road & Track Suspension plus Torque-arm, 13" Baer's.

Posts: 52 | From: Discovery Bay, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

http://www.thunderhill.com/school.html

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com