Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » What next?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: What next?
White02GT
¯
Member # 611

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White02GT  Ford pictures for White02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know that I haven't done a lot of suspension mods to my car, but I am trying to figure out what I should do next. So far I have steeda sport springs, bilstein sport shocks/struts, and steeda cc plates. I don't want my car to be very harsh on the street, but I want some pretty good handling. I also have a strut tower brace, but I have yet to put it on. For a street car, what would you guys reccomend that I put on next?

--------------------
2002 Mustang GT 13.54 @ 102

"You can't out smart a smartass" Eminem

Posts: 1984 | From: Mountain View, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Full lebgth sub frame connectors. I reconmend MM.
Griggs and steeda make good ones also.

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
rr_mustang
¯
Member # 888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rr_mustang  Ford pictures for rr_mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There are many products you can put to improve the suspension characteristics of your car. You will need to decide what you would like to do with the car before you move forward: mainly street, occasional open track, racing....
I, as well as other who post in this forum, recommend the following site, and as stated in other posts, make sure you use the search before asking intelligent questions or you will be torn a new one. Polyurethane bushings might be a good start.

Hope this helps....
more info than you need but still informative

--------------------
Dart 408 w/ AFR 205's

Posts: 473 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by rr_mustang:
There are many products you can put to improve the suspension characteristics of your car. You will need to decide what you would like to do with the car before you move forward: mainly street, occasional open track, racing....
I, as well as other who post in this forum, recommend the following site, and as stated in other posts, make sure you use the search before asking intelligent questions or you will be torn a new one.

Hope this helps....
more info than you need but still informative

This just needs to be stated once more.

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 7 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
AIR-BAGS!!!!.......just kidding [Big Grin]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
5project stang0
¯
Member # 2082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5project stang0  Ford pictures for 5project stang0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ya..air bags..and neon lights [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, Torque is how far you take the wall with you."

1989 bronco with a 8 inch lift...GONE
1972 camaro split bumper....GONE
1994 bagged and shaved s10....GONE
1989 mustang....GONE
whats next?

Posts: 887 | From: Livermore, Ca | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd put that strut tower brace on

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4RS FED  Ford pictures for 4RS FED  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
definetely subframes are the next step for sure

--------------------
i have a twin turbo mustang and you don't!

FireWhore
¯
Member # 781

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FireWhore  Ford pictures for FireWhore  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
subframe connectors is for sure!!!!!!!

--------------------
Mods: SLP Cold Air, 85MM Maf, 1LE Inatke Elbow, Custom Muffler, OBD1 CPU
AIM: FireChickenLS1

Posts: 1310 | From: Livermore,CA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Strut tower brace. trust me. You will really feel the difference in the hard turns.

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
And a whole lot more seat time. That will give you the biggest improvement.

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

rr_mustang
¯
Member # 888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rr_mustang  Ford pictures for rr_mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by racercosmo:
And a whole lot more seat time. That will give you the biggest improvement.

...agreed

quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
Strut tower brace. trust me. You will really feel the difference in the hard turns.

...or will you?

--------------------
Dart 408 w/ AFR 205's

Posts: 473 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Since I don't want to get flamed over there, what do they mean when they refer to cowl shake?
Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
MM full length subs..im saving up right now
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2000BlackGT:

I am saving for the same ones and getting a BBK STB at the same time to add to my springs and CC plates.

--------------------
Support our troops!

2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91sleeper:
quote:

I am saving for the same ones and getting
Talk to Mario92 from here, his website is www.strictly-motorsports.com . He always seems to hook it up and is a dealer for MM and other brands too. Tell him Chuck from CAFords sent ya!
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 91sleeper:
quote:

I am saving for the same ones and getting
Talk to Mario92 from here, his website is www.strictly-motorsports.com . He always seems to hook it up and is a dealer for MM and other brands too. Tell him Chuck from CAFords sent ya!
Thanks alot Chuck i was just going to order direct from MM.

--------------------
Support our troops!

White02GT
¯
Member # 611

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White02GT  Ford pictures for White02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you ever need anything from anybody, tell them chuck from cafords sent you, and they'll hook you up.

--------------------
2002 Mustang GT 13.54 @ 102

"You can't out smart a smartass" Eminem

Posts: 1984 | From: Mountain View, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

quote:
Originally posted by White02GT:
If you ever need anything from anybody, tell them chuck from cafords sent you, and they'll hook you up.

LOL
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea Maximum Motorsport has somewhat of a chassis package under $420 out the door for
*Full Length sub connectors
*K-mem
and a Strut Tower Brace-all powder coated...
ne of u think thats a good deal?

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sure, but the k-member is not a cheap install. also STB's are not that much of a performance enhancer. you could alway sell it though

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

I would but that pakage from MM but I do not want to install a K-Member, damn thats a lot of work.

--------------------
Support our troops!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com