Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Driving

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Driving
darien87
¯
Member # 2022

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for darien87  Ford pictures for darien87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What good roads are there around the south bay for taking a cool, top-down drive and testing the suspension? I've done the drive through Los Gatos, out to Santa Cruz, (sorry, I don't know the number of the highway). I've also done that back road from Almaden Expressway that takes you out to Morgan Hill, (don't know the number of that one either).

There's gotta be more.

Posts: 206 | From: South Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
rr_mustang
¯
Member # 888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rr_mustang  Ford pictures for rr_mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by darien87:
I've done the drive through Los Gatos, out to Santa Cruz, (sorry, I don't know the number of the highway). Highway 17
I've also done that back road from Almaden Expressway that takes you out to Morgan Hill, (don't know the number of that one either). Uvas Rd.

There's gotta be more.

You might want to try either Skyline, Highway 9 out from downtown Saratoga to Skyline and past to Santa Cruz.

--------------------
Dart 408 w/ AFR 205's

Posts: 473 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
darien87
¯
Member # 2022

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for darien87  Ford pictures for darien87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think that the one I was talking about. I think I said Los Gatos by mistake. You start out past Hakone Gardens and then follow the road up into the mountains. If that's the one, already done it, many times. Need something new.
cgamino89
¯
Member # 2020

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cgamino89  Ford pictures for cgamino89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you can try niles cayon actually hyghway 84 from fremont to pleasonton lots of curves and on a nice day it is a good drive
Posts: 164 | From: redwood city | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
01YellowCobra
¯
Member # 600

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 01YellowCobra  Ford pictures for 01YellowCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cgamino89:
you can try niles cayon actually hyghway 84 from fremont to pleasonton lots of curves and on a nice day it is a good drive

Too many peeps most of the time. I drive that road everyday to work - and about the only time there isn't too much traffic - there's too many critters about. Almost hit a deer standing in the middle of the road more then once... jumping all over the breaks, swerving and shit. Couldn't live with myself if I killed bambi [Big Grin] .

It is a nice drive though - as long as you're not in a hurry. [dance]

darien87
¯
Member # 2022

Well, driving hella slow kinda defeats the purpose, but maybe I'll check it out.

Thanks. Any others?

01YellowCobra
¯
Member # 600

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 01YellowCobra  Ford pictures for 01YellowCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, sometimes there is a surprise waiting on Niles Canyon Road too. Last week I got to follow this little red demon child... too bad there was traffic (2:00PM on a Saturday afternoon) - would have been fun loosing to this guy. [Big Grin]

-

-

It's a Ferrari F-40 [worship] , twin turbo 32 valve V8... 0 to 60 in 3.6 seconds. His back tires were wide mothers - 335s [Eek!] .

As I said, it would have been fun loosing to him.... there's always someone faster. [dance]

[ November 03, 2002, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: sn8k ]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com