Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » I need a Full suspension kit

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: I need a Full suspension kit
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who makes the best full on suspension kit and how much will it run me to make my 95 GT corner with the best of em'? [Confused]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Drew B
¯
Member # 698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drew B  Ford pictures for Drew B  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
www.griggsracing.com [patriot]
cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.maximummotorsports.com/

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
rr_mustang
¯
Member # 888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rr_mustang  Ford pictures for rr_mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Griggs and MM are both great products. Griggs is more expensive but the quality is unsurpassed. Some complain that the Griggs suspension is too stiff and the performance tradeoffs are not worth it. Try to get someone who has either/or to give you a ride (or let you drive) so you can decide for yourself.
Personally I have the full GR40 on my 85GT and the MM kit on my 88LX and like them both equally.

Lastly, throwing equipment to make a car handle well is worth nothing if the driver is not up to speed as well. Doing some open track events will get you more seat time and give you a better understanding of you car as well.

[ September 29, 2002, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: rr_mustang ]

--------------------
Dart 408 w/ AFR 205's

Posts: 473 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I decided to go with the Griggs however I won't have the 6,000+ to do so for quite a while. I want the best.

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
ray95
¯
Member # 752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ray95  Ford pictures for ray95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm going with the MM stuff! Great quality and great customer service!!
Posts: 895 | From: The Bay Area | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com