Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » test drove an S2000.. LMFAO

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: test drove an S2000.. LMFAO
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OK, IM posting this in here because I drove it only to see how well they handle.. All I ever hear about is that the car handles like its on rail's ETC. Well its all true.. I put that little 4 cylinder through the beating if its life time.. Straight line its not to bad for 240Hp lugging around 2700#s, and 9,000 RPM ( [Eek!] ) powershifts are something else.. LOL LOL
All in all very neutral handling. no understeer and unless you did something very foolish no over steer as well..50/50 weight balance helps a lot too..I did get it to oversteer 1 time and it felt funny in a IRS car .. nothing like the feeling of a stick axle car..kinda squatted before it moved over a bit.. Not bad, IM just not use to a car doing it that way..Fun ride but grossly overpriced from Honda..Something like $32k new...

Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So, are you gonna buy one? [Razz]
Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Clark:
So, are you gonna buy one? [Razz]

sure, can you find me one for $12k.. LOL..
cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did the car salesman have fun? [Wink]

[ July 02, 2002, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: cobraman_1994 ]

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
reports I hear are that the S2K will hang right with (if not pass) an SN-95 cobra on the twisty tracks. they're not for everyone, but cool in their own way I think. [patriot]
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
reports I hear are that the S2K will hang right with (if not pass) an SN-95 cobra on the twisty tracks. they're not for everyone, but cool in their own way I think. [patriot]

yah, some guy from the S2K forums was running a 2:10 at t-hill..only mods were shaved tires and some springs.. I dont have any times for stock/near stock cobras at the hill..
The salesman didnt say a peep.. I told him before the testdrive that I was looking at the car for its handeling and that I do alot of running at thunderhill.. Ater that it was all good.. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

svt fan
¯
Member # 959

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt fan  Ford pictures for svt fan    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That really sucks about the situation you had with the 03 Cobra you ordered. I could understand your frustration and disappointment. The first brand new car I had an Eagle Talon was pure junk.I drove my neighbor's a few months ago. Its a nice car only when its wound out to high rpm's. Supposedly in 2003 I heard rumors that they might be going with a five or six cylinder engine to replace the current motor. That really sucks about the situation you had with the 03 Cobra you ordered. The S2000 could definitely could use more torque especially since the car costs 32K! I would recommend trying out the current M Roadster to get a feel for a different type of roadster. It has a slightly detuned version of the current M3 motor it puts out 315 hp.
Posts: 59 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com