Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » going to Thunderhill today(6/30/02)

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: going to Thunderhill today(6/30/02)
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Last week when I was at Grigg's racing I was invited to come up and watch the last American Iron race of the season..Bruce grigg's siad I could take a ride or two also.. Im leaving in 20 min..If anyone ends up going, give me a ring at 916-747-2431.. [dance] [dance] [dance]
Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
Spdfreak LS1
Board idiot
Member # 679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spdfreak LS1  Ford pictures for Spdfreak LS1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
have fun, thats an awsome track..well, since they added that new back stretch [dance]

--------------------
Juice times to come!!
http://www.thesiccrew.com/Kevin.html
http://www.geocities.com/kevtopgun/Z28.html
12.9 and 111mph traps on Street tires.
quote:
Originally posted by FireWhore:
..... nor do i care what any of u peeps think....or me for that matter....

Posts: 2202 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
94sssnake aka svt5150
¯
Member # 1237

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94sssnake aka svt5150  Ford pictures for 94sssnake aka svt5150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lucky you. I love that track. 98cobra should see about renting out the track one weekend. I know that Thunderhill has done thins in the past. We could all kick out some cash and all get a few laps in.

--------------------
94 Cobra #2490
Saleen S351 Clone... Too Much $$$

Greenandsilver
¯
Member # 1371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greenandsilver  Ford pictures for Greenandsilver    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94sssnake:
Lucky you. I love that track. 98cobra should see about renting out the track one weekend. I know that Thunderhill has done thins in the past. We could all kick out some cash and all get a few laps in.

That would be awesome!

--------------------
1995 GT 5.0

Posts: 91 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm in for that. SOmeone check in on it, and let us know.

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
S281Cobra
NOTAFKE
Member # 338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S281Cobra  Ford pictures for S281Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Brian

If you want some help with this I'm game.......just don't be shocked on what it's going to cost......I was talking to one of the organizers of socal-svtoa, and it cost them around 20k to rent Cal-speedway for 2 days, although I think that included the ambulence, and insurance.

Kevin

--------------------
Italian Horses & Bulls
Stuttgart, Ingolstadt & some on order

Posts: 456 | From: Bay Area, CA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by S281Cobra:
Hey Brian

around 20k to rent Cal-speedway for 2 days,

Kevin

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VortechSaleen  Ford pictures for VortechSaleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Crap...that's California Speedway for you. I'd be satisfied if we were able to rent out dirty old Sac Raceway. I "heard" it's at least do-able, but not easy.
Posts: 837 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
S281Cobra
NOTAFKE
Member # 338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S281Cobra  Ford pictures for S281Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Dean.

Anything is doable, just as long as you want to pay for it.......... [Big Grin] [Wink]

It's definitly cheaper to rent Thunder Hill then Cal-speedway, but we're probably still looking at least 5K, the other problem is the dates available.

Kevin

--------------------
Italian Horses & Bulls

98Snake
¯
Member # 183

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98Snake  Ford pictures for 98Snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by S281Cobra:
Hey Brian

I was talking to one of the organizers of socal-svtoa, and it cost them around 20k to rent Cal-speedway for 2 days, although I think that included the ambulence, and insurance.

Kevin

if you can get a track for 1 day, say $10k, and we have 100 people going, thats only $100 a person. I'm willing to pay up to $200-250 per day myself [Big Grin]
Ruben
¯
Member # 1088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ruben  Ford pictures for Ruben  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's some Thunderhill rental info...

Thunderhill Info

--------------------
"If you can't intrigue them with brilliance,baffle them with bullshit"(TB)

http://www.cafords.com/images/shows/11_17_02/DSC01336.JPG
The Red One

Posts: 113 | From: Concord, Ca | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The next High Performance Driving School date is Sat. July 27. As of this morning, class A (first timers) was full but 12 open class B slots and lots of class C slots available. Convertibles do not require a roll bar.

Cost is $195 with lunch + $25 for helmet rental if needed. Hotel is $66 including breakfast.

Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
S281Cobra
NOTAFKE
Member # 338

Thanks, saw that.....

I just want to make sure that there are no other costs associated with it before we commit to anything.....Those numbers are just for the basic track rental, I'm sure there is some other things that have to be also paid for.....

I think 100 cars on the track is probably too many, even if it were split into groups there wouldn't be a lot of track time for each group. I figure max of about 40 cars, I just don't know if there are 40 people here who are willing to pay for the track time.

Kevin

--------------------
Italian Horses & Bulls

Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If we're taking an informal poll on who would go to a 98Cobra open track event, I'm in. But, to get 40 people to sign up, I think we'd have to open it up to other non-Ford participants. Especially if it's during the week and not on a weekend. Since Stan does this a couple times a year, someone should ask his advice

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Greenandsilver
¯
Member # 1371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greenandsilver  Ford pictures for Greenandsilver    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Roush #92:
The next High Performance Driving School date is Sat. July 27. As of this morning, class A (first timers) was full but 12 open class B slots and lots of class C slots available. Convertibles do not require a roll bar.

Cost is $195 with lunch + $25 for helmet rental if needed. Hotel is $66 including breakfast.

I'm going to go up that weekend and check it out. I've never been on a track before driving so I want to check out this school, see what it's like, and hopefully I'll sign up for the next school.

Sounds like to rent a school, whoever did it would have to advertise well, and maybe get some sort of "sponsor" maybe./

--------------------
1995 GT 5.0

Posts: 91 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com