Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 69 mustang with 302/T5 Swap, help needed

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 69 mustang with 302/T5 Swap, help needed
sidhu50
¯
Member # 13602

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sidhu50  Ford pictures for sidhu50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hi All,

i have a 69 mustang, i put a 302 with T5 swap out of a 89 mustang, now the driveshaft is not fitting, i ordered the correct length driveshaft. is there anything else needed to be done when doing T5 swap in older mustang ? such as adding adaptor plate in bell housing or something ?

Please help..

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you're using the engine and transmission out of the '89, then there shouldn't be any adapter plates needed. You will need a new transmission crossmember or you could modify the '69 crossmember if you have the tools to do so. Also, how are you activating the clutch? '69 linkage, cable or hydraulic? As for the driveshaft, how did you measure for the length? Most shops will tell you exactly how to measure for it, so you don't get one that doesn't fit. Most will tell you to install the transmission yoke, bottom it out then slide it out 1". Then measure from the center of the bearing cap to the face of the rear axle yoke (center of bearing cap).

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
duplicate message.

[ 2020-04-21, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: wilit ]

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
sidhu50
¯
Member # 13602

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sidhu50  Ford pictures for sidhu50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh okay thank you for the quick reply, i will double check if there is any sort of adaptor plate put in as of now or not, and we are using cable clutch, got the kit from online somewhere, with pedal, wire, and the spacer that goes in between the firewall and brake booster

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com