Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Any shops to pull/rebuild/install stock 5.0 motor

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Any shops to pull/rebuild/install stock 5.0 motor
tonkaboyrich496
¯
Member # 9877

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tonkaboyrich496  Ford pictures for tonkaboyrich496    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What’s good CA fords, I have a 1991 Coupe and it’s all stock. The Motor is burning oil and I was told the piston rings need to be replaced and it’s the source of the burning of oil. Any engine shops you can recommend to me to get the motor pulled, repaired and put back in? Looking to keep it all stock so should be pretty simple. I’m located in Oakland so looking for some local and reasonable suggestions. Thanks

--------------------
87 Coupe = stock w/ 500 shot
88 Box chev with a built 496 = coming soon

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
have you considered buying a known working motor from a reputable seller here, and drop that motor in...lot less hassle in my opinion.

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can tell you that Lloyd's machine shop in Oakley is pure garbage now..took them a week to drill and tap a intake for a coolant sensor...and cash only now...new owner looks methed out..

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by tonkaboyrich496:
What’s good CA fords, I have a 1991 Coupe and it’s all stock. The Motor is burning oil and I was told the piston rings need to be replaced and it’s the source of the burning of oil. Any engine shops you can recommend to me to get the motor pulled, repaired and put back in? Looking to keep it all stock so should be pretty simple. I’m located in Oakland so looking for some local and reasonable suggestions. Thanks

There is place people recommended here named advanced auto and they’re in Livermore I believe. Supposed to do really good work.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
quote:

There is place people recommended here named advanced auto and they’re in Livermore I believe. Supposed to do really good work.
Advanced Auto Electric in San Ramon

Give them a call, Dan is the owner.

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 70stang351w:
I can tell you that Lloyd's machine shop in Oakley is pure garbage now..took them a week to drill and tap a intake for a coolant sensor...and cash only now...new owner looks methed out..

Yea I had machine work done before owner change...went to have some work done and I won't be going back as well

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWSN95:
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
quote:

Advanced Auto Electric in San Ramon

Give them a call, Dan is the owner.

Go elsewhere not even premier is good

Wherever you do go make sure you take a knowledgeable person with you.

The aforementioned places just like most unscrupulous repair facilities will hang you over the coals if they catch a whiff of you not knowing anything about vehicles.

Have had to step in for others at these places who have almost been taken for a ride for shotty work.

[ 2019-09-09, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: Fostang ]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
KevinK
Tech Mod
Member # 9234

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KevinK  Ford pictures for KevinK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try Mostly Mustangs in Oakland
Posts: 196 | From: San Mateo, CA | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
NORCALSTANGS
¯
Member # 3706

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NORCALSTANGS  Ford pictures for NORCALSTANGS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
++1 Advanced Auto san ramon.

not sure why Fostang included this shop in his rant.

they try to save customers money by suggesting whats needed and where money would not net you performance.

they'll install whatever you want , but will always make suggestions if a better result is possible.

just my 2 dollars

--------------------
2014 gt stick ghig
2005 gt auto blue

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com