Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Coolant temp sensor and aftermarket sensor

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Coolant temp sensor and aftermarket sensor
Bottle Fed
¯
Member # 2686

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bottle Fed  Ford pictures for Bottle Fed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I want to run my stock coolant sensor and an autometer sensor...I had to switch my other coolant temp switch on the passenger side heater tube to the thermostat housing because of the fuel rails...trying to figure out what else will work...I’ve heard running a T-fitting is not the best for accurate readings...
Any help is appreciated

Paul

--------------------
1988 Saleen convt #522 SC
1989 Saleen #420 408 w/BOOST!
2009 M5
2000 Yamaha R1
2013 S4

Posts: 2264 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Leave the stock sensor in the factory location. Drill a new hole for the autometer sensor into a coolant passage and tap it. NTP taps don't cost much. The new hole location should be thick enough to support four or five threads. Use white liquid teflon sealant on the threads.
Bottle Fed
¯
Member # 2686

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bottle Fed  Ford pictures for Bottle Fed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Right, I guess I should have done that before I already put the lower intake on....I might have to figure a way to use the coolant tube fitting area and move the sensor off the t-stat housing back

--------------------
2009 M5
2000 Yamaha R1
2013 S4

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can you add a T fitting with a NTP bung for the sensor in line with one of the coolant hoses you cut?

-
Sensor goes on the top. Two NTP to barb converters go on the sides to fit into the hose.

-

Bottle Fed
¯
Member # 2686

Lol yeah I could do that to one of the heater hoses.....

--------------------
2009 M5
2000 Yamaha R1
2013 S4

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com