Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Input on Mustang Cobra value

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Input on Mustang Cobra value
steeters
¯
Member # 14324

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for steeters  Ford pictures for steeters    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not sure of the value of my car, and I'm looking for some input.

1994 Cobra
68k miles
5.0, 5spd, black leather, red ext, factory cobra floor mats in great shape, trunk looks like it has never been used, etc.
I bought it from the original owner at 67K miles. Window sticker, SVT paperwork, owner's manual, etc.
Very original, 100% stock. No modifications to the engine or trans (aftermarket head unit is the only change)...doesn't even have window tint.
Interior is perfect
Paint is shockingly good for a 24 year old car - zero clear coat issues - a few stone chips and normal car stuff. Garage kept its whole life.

Anyway, not the car for everyone. I'm ready to move on to something else, but want to room before I do.

I could use some help on where to price it. Not looking to price it stupid and see if anyone bites. Just looking for a reasonable asking price.

Anyone willing to offer some advice? Thanks!

-

-

--------------------
Steve

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The prices usually fall between the high blue book value and the trade in value. You have a very clean Cobra. It would price around half way between the average of the low and high blue book values and the high value. You'll need to advertise it broadly to attract the attention of the right buyer.
[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for [SHO]TIME  Ford pictures for [SHO]TIME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah you have a pretty clean cobra there. The mileage is low but not in a collectors eyes. but thats good a guy can drive it and enjoy it.So as far as value goes its about the least sought after year as the cobras go. Id say ask 7k so it should sell in the 6 range. Im no expert but i own a few
steeters
¯
Member # 14324

Ford Icon 11 posted      Profile for steeters  Ford pictures for steeters    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks, I appreciate the input.

What is funny to me, is that this whole car (engine, trans, brakes, interior, etc) sells for what it would cost to rebuild just the engine in a "muscle car" from the 60-70s.

I keep having this conversation with myself about how dumb it would be for me to sell this car to pour money into a "project." And yet, I'm thinking about doing it anyway.

--------------------
Steve

[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for [SHO]TIME  Ford pictures for [SHO]TIME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if your trying to build something , i have a very well built 351 W based 408 stroker motor that is turn key ready with not even a 1000 miles on it and also a complete tremec 5 speed with same mileage. I had purchased years ago from a fellow member on here, a stand up member at that. I'd consider trading for your car cuz it just sits in my shop.
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here is my take on the vehicle. Not sure what you are exactly looking for, but this is just my opinion..

The car is extremely clean.. probably one of the cleaner ones that you're going to find in "original" condition. Its low mileage,looks to be unmolested and VERY well taken care of. I would personally keep it, drive it and enjoy it. But, if you do want to sell it.. aim high. I would personally post for $9-10k if it were mine, regardless on what people may say. Remember, the car is exceptionally clean.. something you don't come across very often especially with original paperwork and documentation. If you want to work down from 10k, then have a price in mind.. but don't give it away for nothing.

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
At 10K list it for sale out of state. Be willing to put up with extra sale hassle.
steeters
¯
Member # 14324

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for steeters  Ford pictures for steeters    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the comments.

I've got a '07 Tacoma. If I listed it for sale, I'd have 10 calls before 10am. (It's not for sale)

But,
With the Cobra, I think it is more about finding that one buyer who is in the market - because they always wanted one, wish they never sold their other one, etc.

I'll keep things updated if I do sell it. I know people can be curious and still look to the forums for info.

Steve

--------------------
Steve

DeleteThisAccount
¯
Member # 94

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeleteThisAccount  Ford pictures for DeleteThisAccount    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWSN95:
Here is my take on the vehicle. Not sure what you are exactly looking for, but this is just my opinion..

The car is extremely clean.. probably one of the cleaner ones that you're going to find in "original" condition. Its low mileage,looks to be unmolested and VERY well taken care of. I would personally keep it, drive it and enjoy it. But, if you do want to sell it.. aim high. I would personally post for $9-10k if it were mine, regardless on what people may say. Remember, the car is exceptionally clean.. something you don't come across very often especially with original paperwork and documentation. If you want to work down from 10k, then have a price in mind.. but don't give it away for nothing.

This.

You prob. won't get 10k in this area, but if you put it online nationally, you likely would in a heartbeat.

I'd almost buy it, but I can't force myself to pay that much for a 94 cobra lol.

I'll just go buy a gt for 2k and paint it. I have all the rest of the crap lol.

exchp6400
¯
Member # 4803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for exchp6400  Ford pictures for exchp6400    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used my KBB Quick Values account to pull this up for you.

1994 Ford Mustang Cobra Coupe 2D
Value as of: 08/03/2018
Effective Dates: 08/03/2018 - 08/09/2018
Values Ranges
MSRP When New $22,425

Typical Listing Price (CPO) NA

Fair Purchase Price (CPO) $0 $0 - $0

Typical Listing Price $8,052

Fair Purchase Price range $6,672 - $8,581

Private Party Very Good range$5,536 - $8,477

Glossary
Vehicle Details
ZIP Code: 94546
Condition: Very Good
Mileage: 68,000
Year: 1994
Make: Ford
Model: Mustang
Trim: Cobra Coupe 2D
Engine: V8, 5.0 Liter
Trans: Manual, 5-Spd
Drivetrain: RWD
Ext. Color: Red
Optional Equipment
Air Conditioning, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Cruise Control, Power Steering, Tilt Wheel, AM/FM Stereo, Cassette, CD/MP3 (Single Disc), Dual Air Bags, Alloy Wheels

--------------------
87 Buick Turbo T | 90 GT | 93 Typhoon

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com