Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Need clutch adjusted on the 08 GT500

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need clutch adjusted on the 08 GT500
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRCobraSC281  Ford pictures for RRRCobraSC281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bled the clutch line, so got good pedal pressure there. But it seems like the clutch is barely engaged. Was fine until the car was rearended.
Just seems like the pedal at rest is already preloading the pedal and maybe the reason when pressing the clutch pedal all the way that it is not allowing the pedal the full stroke, which fails to make the clutch pedal depressed switch.

I dont have a manual that explains how to adjust this type of hydraulic clutch setup. But if so.eone could guild me in the right direction or help me with this, would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
Project 93GT500 has started
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
88 Mach 1 Coupe MM&FF 6/14 (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

Posts: 1746 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can't manually adjust it. You an only bleed it if you think air got into the system.
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRCobraSC281  Ford pictures for RRRCobraSC281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bled it, and got good pedal pressure. Just that it doesn't start grabbing until the clutch pedal is all the way returned. Someone mentioned that the clutch maybe burnt out. But the car has only 15k miles.

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

BTLD GT
¯
Member # 5229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BTLD GT  Ford pictures for BTLD GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats not unheard of on a gt500. i have a customer with a 2013 we changed his stock clutch at 7500 with a spec twin disc. then again now at 17k. he does have his fun with it but nothing out of the ordinary.

Daniel

AAE 925-831-9338

--------------------
2000 Cobra R

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Looks like LMR has a upgrade kit for the 07-09 GT500. I guess itd 12-14 GT500 clutch kit. Wonder if I really need a new fly wheel and hydraulic throwout bearing?

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Blue marks on the flywheel means it has to be replaced. The metal got too hot and might not grind smooth. A machine shop will be able to tell you if it's worth resurfacing or you need to get a new one. Sometimes you have enough metal to grind down enough and get past the malformed blue steel.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com