Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » TONS of vibration, 93 notch

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: TONS of vibration, 93 notch
30Tunes
¯
Member # 8105

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 30Tunes  Ford pictures for 30Tunes  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just changed the harmonic balancer thinking that was the issue (which it was an issue but not the core issue). fired it up and i still get vibrations! I have solid motor mounts and a poly trans mount. Could this be a problem?? Any insight is good I appreciate it. The vibrations feel like they're coming from the middle/front of the car. I did accidently chip the balancer slightly. this wouldnt cause my issues I don't think??? HELP!!

PFA
[img] www.image-share.com/upload/3709/146.jpg [/img]
 -

[ 2018-03-18, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: 3-0-Tunes ]

--------------------
SUCCESS ONLY COMES BEFORE WORK IN THE DICTIONARY

1991 Calypso Green Notch
1993 Cobra Clone - SOLD

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you get vibrations when the car is stopped? Does putting it in gear or or neutral while rolling make a difference?
4IDFOX
¯
Member # 9921

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4IDFOX  Ford pictures for 4IDFOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How long have you had the solid motor mounts ?
Posts: 375 | From: Redding CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
30Tunes
¯
Member # 8105

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 30Tunes  Ford pictures for 30Tunes  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
(posting for a friend) hes had them in there for around a week or 2. Vibrations happen in neutral driving and at a stop. More pronounced when in gear under load though. He just told me when he put his new flywheel on he didn't put the weight on it... (comes with 28/50oz but he used neither) I'm thinking thats the issue. What you guys think?

--------------------

1991 Calypso Green Notch
1993 Cobra Clone - SOLD

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If the vibrations happen at a stop, the problem is with he balancer or flywheel. You are correct. He needs to put on the correct weight counter balanced flywheel for his engine.
30Tunes
¯
Member # 8105

smh... he showed me the clutch pack he got and I asked him if he used the weights and he said they're sitting on his shelf ROFL. Thanks for the help guys I'm pretty sure we figured it out. Tranny out, again

--------------------

1991 Calypso Green Notch
1993 Cobra Clone - SOLD

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you're just needing to add flywheel weights, pull the starter instead. You'll have plenty of room through the starter hole AND save yourself the hassle of pulling the trans again.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
30Tunes
¯
Member # 8105

is the flywheel still good running it without the weights for a couple weeks? hes worried the flywheel is damaged now

--------------------

1991 Calypso Green Notch
1993 Cobra Clone - SOLD

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

The crank bearings are more at risk of damage than the flywheel. If he loctited the flywheel bolts on, it's probably good. Tell him not to start the car until it's fixed.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com