Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Questions on Supercharged stock 5.0

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Questions on Supercharged stock 5.0
JSJ 5.0
¯
Member # 11950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JSJ 5.0  Ford pictures for JSJ 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bought a 92 coupe stock 5.0 with a vorteach v1 s trim 6lbs pully. Car is all stock 5.0 running a fmu, 255 intake walbro, stock 19lbs injectors, boost retard knob set up at -1 and a vortech blue box. Car didn't want to start anymore and it ended up being the blue vortech box taking a shit.

Car also came with red top 30lbs with matching MAf. I'm wondering which setup would be the safest to run. Stock with 19lbbs, fmu, with retard knob or ditch all those and run the 30lbs injectors with matching maf

What's a good spark plugs and what gap to run on this setup and timing

Also if i would to ditch the a/c and smog pump does anyone what size smaller belt i would need

--------------------
JSJBROTHERS.COM

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Standard copper plugs are good. Motorcraft and Autolite are popular. Two heat ranges cooler than stock. Download the Vortech manual from their website for details.

A 70.5" belt if you're not running underdrive sullies
 -

You need to run retarded timing with boost. You always need a chip or a boost retard. 30lbs injectors with boost is good for 350HP flywheel.

DeleteThisAccount
¯
Member # 94

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeleteThisAccount  Ford pictures for DeleteThisAccount    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Simple is always easier. Use the 30's and MAF and get a chip.

My 93 cobra ran lean at a little over 300rwhp with 24's. With 36's it made a touch under 400rwhp on a stock motor and safe tune.

That was back in 2001.

As for plugs, I ran mine at .035, one range cooler and had no issues at all, but like he said, DO NOT USE PLATINUM.. stick to copper plugs.

Most of what Vortech puts in their manual is a joke, anyways. They supply the kit with garbage, I literally threw away 90% of it.

The belt length will vary depending which size crank/water pump pullies are on it, as well. Just take the old belt to the shop and grab one the same size, or 1/4" shorter if it's loose. If you ditch the smog pump and such, you will def need to try a couple lengths.. some people are good at measuring belts.. some aren't, haha. Hope the store is close lol.

Skip going back and forth looking for manual #'s, because it likely won't fit. Who knows. lol.

[ 2018-03-14, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: Blown93Snake ]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com