Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Decent garages near Vacaville (1-2 hours)

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Decent garages near Vacaville (1-2 hours)
AStary90
Member # 14593

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AStary90  Ford pictures for AStary90    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hi all, I,m new to the forum, very recently moved to the US from the UK and had my Mustang a week or so now. I bought it from out of state so I need to get a smog done however it has a Magnaflow exhaust which in turn has the dash light on for o2 sensor, can anyone recommend a decent garage within 1-2 hour stay of Vacaville (where I work) that I can take it to get checked out and see about what it needs to pass smog test (cats welded back in perhaps)
Thanks
Andy

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What year mustang? If you have an off road H pipe you don't want to weld cats on it. Take the H pipe off and keep it or sell it. Buy or borrow a stock H pipe and put it back on.
AStary90
Member # 14593

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AStary90  Ford pictures for AStary90    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It’s a 2014, looks bit odd underneath the way it’s been done, no idea though not great with car mechanics I just need it to pass smog.
Where would be best place to pick up stock exhaust?

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Post a wanted add here asking to buy or borrow a stock catted mid pipe for your 2014. American Iron Speed Shop and AED are within 2 hours of you. They are higher end shops you will pay for. You don't want to weld anything. It should be bolt on. With jack stands and a floor jack you can do the swap yourself. You probably have an off road mid pipe with no cats. The secondary O2 sensors detect no difference before and after the cats, turning on the check engine light. Someone here can tell you for sure if you jack up your car and post clear pictures here.
AStary90
Member # 14593

I have since been told the car has long tube headers &sports cat exhaust system, I have ordered stock manifold, cats and mid pipe, anyone know of anywhere I can get these swapped out for smog without paying a fortune.
Thanks

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com