Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Help with 96 4v swap in a 86’ coupe

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Help with 96 4v swap in a 86’ coupe
91_Bimini_Coupe
¯
Member # 11641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91_Bimini_Coupe  Ford pictures for 91_Bimini_Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
been helping a buddy with his 86’ 4v swap and can’t seem to get the motor to drop into the k-member. It’s a Maximum Motorsports k-member made for a modular swap but Seems as though the oil pan is hitting the k-member. Do we need to swap oil pans for correct fit up or are we missing something. This is a first time swap for both of us so any info helps. Thanks
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Probably you need to run the spacer between the k member and the frame rail. If not then the oil pan needs to be modified.
You should call Maximum Motorsport they’ll tell you what you need.
What motor mounts are you using?

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
91_Bimini_Coupe
¯
Member # 11641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91_Bimini_Coupe  Ford pictures for 91_Bimini_Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Okay right on.. I though everything would drop in. We’re using the stock 96 cobra mounts. I’ll try giving them a call and see what info they have for me. Thanks man

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com