Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Electric fan wiring

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Electric fan wiring
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 95 cobra and i want to hook up dual slim fans that only have the power and ground wire to my factory harness.i have tryed doing some research but nothing is clear... so i want to know why cant i hook up the hi speed and lo speed power wire to each fans power since they only run at 1 speed at a time? And if i cant hook it up that way how do i get both speed to work on each fan

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is what I use for my dual contour fan.

http://www.dccontrol.com/relay_controllers.htm

Works like a champ [Big Grin]

moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The ccrm in a 94 and up mustang basically has the controller built into the car i just need clarification so i dont burn my car down on how to hook it up using the stock wiring

--------------------

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't want to give you bad advice and risk a fire. Do you know how the factory low speed works? Does it use a resistor? Or does the factory fan motor have three connections on its housing? High, low and ground?
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

It has a wire for hi low and a ground

--------------------

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can you post the wiring diagram for your car? You need to know if the factory fan control relays are upstream. I anticipate you will be okay connecting the high speed wire to both new fans. Both new fans must draw the same or fewer amps than the factory motor. If you post a diagram, I can tell you with certainty.
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

I will look into that and dm it to u

--------------------

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Post it here. I don't remember what the 95 cobra fan wiring is like compared to the GT.
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Sorry for the late post i went back to the stock fan and a stock radiator to makes all my stuff clear......fans were hitting abs module

--------------------

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Good. There wasn't a performance advantage to replacing the stock fan.

[ 2018-01-01, 05:06 AM: Message edited by: Martinna ]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com