Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Timing jumped ?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Timing jumped ?
83vert
¯
Member # 14237

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 83vert  Ford pictures for 83vert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tried to do a burn out and the car had intense wheel hop. Threw it into neutral as fast as I could and car died out on me couldn't get it going. . Checked everything out turns out the timing got thrown off from the wheel hop I'm assuming? Or could it be another issue at hand? Car was running fine until I decided to be an ass clown.

--------------------
1983 5.0 GLX (Vert)-RIP
1990 5.0 LX (Vert)- under construction

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Was the dizzy timing clamp bolt lose when you readjusted it?
83vert
¯
Member # 14237

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 83vert  Ford pictures for 83vert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was loose enough to adjust by hand. Still haven't tried to reset timing. I'll have to pull it out and drop it back in.

--------------------
1983 5.0 GLX (Vert)-RIP

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Reset your timing an tighten the retaining bolt on your dizzy this time.
83vert
¯
Member # 14237

Took the cap off the distributor and noticed the notch inside the rotor to keep it in place snapped. That's what had thrown the timing off. Replaced it now its running fine👌🏾. Guess I can't lay the the power down till I upgrade suspension

--------------------
1983 5.0 GLX (Vert)-RIP

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com