Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Possible pats issue 98 mustang gt

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Possible pats issue 98 mustang gt
POSLX
¯
Member # 11438

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POSLX  Ford pictures for POSLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey guys ive been having this issue starting my car for awhile, i recently broke my key about 2 weeks ago replaced keys and lock cylinder , they could only program one key said it was possible that the , ring transceiver is not picking up the spare, so replaced ring transceiver today still is having this issue , even before replacing the keys and lock cylinder this is an ongoing issue. Issue is mainly while opening driver door manually with key the theft light on cluster flashes,headlights flash rear module in trunk clicks, and will not allow me to start the car. I have to play with steering column and , lock and unlock door with keys to get it to start . If I leave the be car unlocked it'll start everytime, I've checked all fuses and relays they are good. Has me leaning towards short in column or pats module being bad

--------------------
92 5.0 lx sold
98 gt

70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
found this maybe try it yourself? i remember i had auto start on my f150 and they took the chip out of the key and glued into the column i believe that square part on top of the key had a whole on my key when i got it back.. if you google it yit will show where it is in the key belive the website that did the video below had it

https://www.bluespringsfordparts.com/how-to-program-ford-pats-key.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oJXWE_SKvM

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

POSLX
¯
Member # 11438

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POSLX  Ford pictures for POSLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thank you going to try that out in the morning see how that goes

--------------------
92 5.0 lx sold
98 gt

POSLX
¯
Member # 11438

Just paid a lock Smith to program the other key , within 20 minutes he had it programmed, locked the car and unlocked with key , was working fine , them I go out to move it 30 minutes later, headlights and theft light still flickering I have no clue what the issue is

--------------------
92 5.0 lx sold
98 gt

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com