Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 01 auto to manual swap/tune question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 01 auto to manual swap/tune question
93ex chp
¯
Member # 9016

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ex chp  Ford pictures for 93ex chp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Going to be swapping out everything in my 01 gt from my 02 gt which is cam'd, supercharged, 5spd which got tboned and totaled out with frame damage. I got another stang with a clean body and now i will be doing a complete swap.
The 01 is stock and is auto. My main questions are what do i need to do, if anything, about the pats system and tune. I have the tune file from my 02. Will i need to get it adjusted for the 01 even if im swapping everything over? (Motor, trans, rearend). Or can i just use the ecu from the 02 and be good to go on the 01?? Any tips and suggestions are highly appriciated. Thanks caford!! [patriot]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com