Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Anyone have a. Vcm with ids

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone have a. Vcm with ids
BAD ASS 5.HO
¯
Member # 10947

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BAD ASS 5.HO  Ford pictures for BAD ASS 5.HO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Need to get coyote Keyes re programed to pcm. Did a 6r80 swap and car now won't start. So need keys, gauge cluster and abs module re programed. But dealer around me won't do it.

--------------------
98 boosted/stroked cobra
98 rio red cobra

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check out Forscan.org. I just used it to enable the brake controller on my 2017 F150. I'm pretty sure you can flash VIN's to components and open up the programming for PATS keys. The program is free and you just need a laptop and a HS-CAN and MS-CAN compatible OBDII scanner. The one they recommend on the Forscan site is the one I bought on Amazon for $27.

[ 2017-06-02, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: wilit ]

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
BAD ASS 5.HO
¯
Member # 10947

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BAD ASS 5.HO  Ford pictures for BAD ASS 5.HO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
Check out Forscan.org. I just used it to enable the brake controller on my 2017 F150. I'm pretty sure you can flash VIN's to components and open up the programming for PATS keys. The program is free and you just need a laptop and a HS-CAN and MS-CAN compatible OBDII scanner. The one they recommend on the Forscan site is the one I bought on Amazon for $27.

Thanks for the reply. By any chance do you know if this can program or only read trouble codes.

--------------------
98 boosted/stroked cobra
98 rio red cobra

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It programs all sorts of shit. The two links below talk about what I think you're trying to do.

http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=839
http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1497

Here's the scanner I bought.
It's $80.

This one is corded.
It's $29.

[ 2017-06-24, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: wilit ]

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
BAD ASS 5.HO
¯
Member # 10947

quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
It programs all sorts of shit. The two links below talk about what I think you're trying to do.

http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=839
http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1497

Here's the scanner I bought.
It's $80.

This one is corded.

It's $29.

I'm going to give it a try and see if it works. Thank you very much.

--------------------
98 boosted/stroked cobra
98 rio red cobra

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com