Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 2013' Ford Mustang GT--cooling system/fan/radiator

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 2013' Ford Mustang GT--cooling system/fan/radiator
Coyote King
¯
Member # 8065

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Coyote King  Ford pictures for Coyote King    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I have a 2013 Ford Mustang with a "coyote" in it and just this past "100 degree days" we had a couple weeks back, my car began to over heat. I noticed my head temp digital readout say 260 and coolant needle was 3/4 quater up towards the H and I pulled over and seen the water boiler... (engine still running)... noticed the fans ARE NOT running... made me wonder why...started from fuses/relays swapped them out...still nothing... then I started to look at wires/clips/harness/plugs and I found one of the harness/clip had melted (flame of some sort) and I say flame or something because it was CHARRED!... my question is why and how could that have happened? How do I prevent this from happening again!?

[ 2017-05-16, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: Mr. Coyote P ]

--------------------
91' GT
88' LX
13' Track Pack GT

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If the pins in the connector get corroded or he connector isn't properly seated, they'll increase resistance. This resistance is turned into heat that causes more corrosion in a vicious cycle until the connector melts.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com