Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Exterior restoration

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Exterior restoration
travi99
¯
Member # 12416

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for travi99  Ford pictures for travi99  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hello, Fairly new to fox bodies. Recently picked up a 87 notchback with a 5.0 swap done to it and it needs love. I'm looking to replace weather stripping and moldings but have not been able to find where to find rear quarter panel window moldings if someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks

--------------------
travis rivera

Posts: 53 | From: richmond california | Registered: Sep 2012  |  :
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The notch moldings are hard to find. Good condition ones aren't cheap if the seller knows what they have. How bad are they? Can you sand them down and paint them?
ed650
¯
Member # 9897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ed650  Ford pictures for ed650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You cannot just buy the quarter window moldings you have to buy the whole windows for about $500 or you can just buy some covers and put them over your moldings.

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-2155645/1987-93-Mustang-Coupe-Quarter-Window-Covers-Pair

--------------------
410w Hatch
306Ci Coupe

Posts: 1744 | From: menlo park | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com