Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » OBD II P0308...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: OBD II P0308...
NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hello all,

My brother recently acquired a 1996 Mustang GT convertible. He brought it over to have me check some things out and I discovered a code on the car. It's throwing a P0308-cylinder 8 misfire. I went ahead and pulled the gauge cluster off only to discover the CEL bulb was removed. Put a new on it and we can now see the CEL illuminate.

I went ahead and replaced all the spark plugs and spark plug wires, and the two coil packs. All Motorcraft parts. I reset the code and after a week, my brother advised me the light is back on. Rechecked the code and it's the same P0308 misfire on cylinder 8.

What would be the NEXT step to repair this misfire?

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
93ex chp
¯
Member # 9016

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ex chp  Ford pictures for 93ex chp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe a bad injector or crank position sensor..
NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I read that somewhere so I may go ahead and do those and see where it goes. Thanks.

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pull out the #7 plug and see if it looks like the #8. Crooked of the seller to pull out the CEL bulb before selling it.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com