Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » T56 68 mustang

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: T56 68 mustang
68StangTAY
¯
Member # 11114

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68StangTAY  Ford pictures for 68StangTAY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Has anyone done this an what all was done to get it to work? I've read a few different things.
70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Was going t56 originally on my 70 coupe, decided going 4r70w instead.. I know on the 69/70 had the BIgger tunnels out of the first gens and only required to trim shifter location..But found this on a 68 vert which has more bracing under the seat pans..Op was able to use ron morris adj motor mounts. and an ADJ trans mount(which he said he should have gone also with Ron Morris but tried to save $70 so he had to Modify the trans mount he bought to work.. He also had to trim 3/4inch off the front of the shifter hole to fit his Steeda tri-axe.. "the front adjusting bolt on shifter wouldn't fit"

Interesting how the Na sayers Got shut down. Op kept being told he had to cut the tunnel and never had too. believe the ending angle was 3*

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/mod-custom-forum/588665-started-my-t56-conversion.html

[ 2017-04-28, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: 70stang351w ]

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

68StangTAY
¯
Member # 11114

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68StangTAY  Ford pictures for 68StangTAY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks man I'll give that link a look that was my biggest thing having to cut the transmission tunnel was my only worry but if I can avoid that I might just go for it
70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ya no problem hope it helps

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My buddy put a T56 into a '65. Didn't have to cut anything.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
68StangTAY
¯
Member # 11114

quote:
Originally posted by wilit:

Do you know what he spent on the conversion I got a ridiculous quote from modern driveline
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 68StangTAY:
quote:

Do you know what he spent on the conversion I got a ridiculous quote from modern driveline
He bought it in the late 90's. It was one of the first T56 kits for the early Mustangs. I want to say back then it was like $4500. It came with the tranny, bellhousing, yoke, shifter and crossmember.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
68StangTAY
¯
Member # 11114

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 68StangTAY:
quote:

He bought it in the late 90's. It was one of the first T56 kits for the early Mustangs. I want to say back then it was like $4500. It came with the tranny, bellhousing, yoke, shifter and crossmember.
That's extremely cheap compared to the 14k modern driveline quoted me
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

$14k? That's stupid.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com