Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Fuel gauge

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fuel gauge
kuku93
¯
Member # 14014

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kuku93  Ford pictures for kuku93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So my fuel gauge just rappdidly jumping. I'm not sure why. Even with the vacuum hose disconnected.
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If it's not a bad electrical connection, its either the sensor or the module on the back of the cluster.
kuku93
¯
Member # 14014

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kuku93  Ford pictures for kuku93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is an aftermarket that goes on the fuel rail
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your fuel gauge damper / regulator board on the back of your gauge cluster probably went bad. You can fix them but most people replace them.
kuku93
¯
Member # 14014

I've never heard of that. How can I fix it?
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

It's a small circuit board on the back of your gauge cluster. There is a big capacitor on it that leaks over time. You can replace it if you know how to solder. Or you can buy a whole new circuit board. This circuit board damps the gauge needle so your needle doesn't bounce everywhere when ever you make a sharp turn and all the fuel ruses to one side of your tank.
kuku93
¯
Member # 14014

Interesting cause my oil pressure doesn't work after I didn't use my car for 4 years and my speedometer needle bounces a lot since I got it. I'll check it out thank you!
kuku93
¯
Member # 14014

Interesting cause my oil pressure doesn't work after I didn't use my car for 4 years and my speedometer needle bounces a lot since I got it. I'll check it out thank you!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com