Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » World Xlass t5 or None World Class t5 ?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: World Xlass t5 or None World Class t5 ?
86 T TOPS
¯
Member # 8855

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86 T TOPS  Ford pictures for 86 T TOPS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im shoping around for a t5 and got offered a World class t5, dnt know much about tranny's so thats the reason im here. Diffrence and price range compared to a NWC t5 ? Thanks fam

--------------------
TTOPNGT

Posts: 704 | From: redwood city | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who was the person who told you about world class T5s? If it was a user here, post their name. The community should know. World Class T5 is 1985 and newer. The phrase world class is usually used to get uninformed people into thinking an older '85/86 transmission is newer or better than it really is. Look up in the link below the number stamped on a dogtag bolted to the side of the transmission, it starts with 1352-11. The link below will tell you where the transmission came from.

------- http://www.moderndriveline.com/Technical_Bits/transmission_spec.htm

Less than sincere sellers often remove this tag and come up with a story so they can sell an older, less desirable transmission as a wonderful world class unit.

T5 history here if you want to educate yourself ------- http://www.moderndriveline.com/Technical_Bits/t5_history.htm

[ 2017-04-26, 01:49 AM: Message edited by: Martinna ]

naked5.0notch
¯
Member # 14058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for naked5.0notch  Ford pictures for naked5.0notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 94 t5 wc in my 90 notch and has been working great. When installing in a fox from a sn just swap the input shaft and bell housing. I'm running gm synchromesh fluid

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com