Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Aod rebuild

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Aod rebuild
badassblown57
¯
Member # 6122

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for badassblown57  Ford pictures for badassblown57    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So going to rebuild an aod.. what are the best years to find and rebuild, looking to rebuild for a nice street car.. 3000lb, 400-500hp and looking at using 390 gears.. ive looked at monster trans in a box.. nice kit.. is there any better options out there.. also looking to use tfs 1/2 cams.
ford521
¯
Member # 14321

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ford521  Ford pictures for ford521  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
google ford-aod.com ...site changed name to transmissioncenter.net i believe. i get all of my rebuild parts from them and they sell complete trans that can handle HP.
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go to www.clickclickracing.com and there's tons of info and a member named silverfox builds em & has a good reputation.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I believe Silverfox OWNS click click racing. It's not very busy Forum at all anymore but there is a lot of info on there for both aod/E & 4r70w trans. Post and someone will answer but may take silverfox a few days to answer, his busy building transmissions

I plan on getting parts off of silverfox to build my own 4r70w trans for my 70 build.

WHat year car? could go 4R70w then you get a wider ratio gear(or just get wider gears installed in an aod case, but with 3.90 you will or it suggested you do a tail shaft mod, after that a TCM and shorten the drive shaft a inch or so depending on app

if you use a 4R 1998 - 2002 V6 3.8/4.2/ 5.0 explorer models use SBF pattern, and use mech speedo still till 2002 If you get it from a f150 4.2 truck it has the extra clutch

Plent of youtube videos on how to build them up and even how to build or make your own tools (2) to install and suppress springs and parts in place

For transmissions and Parts
http://www.silverfoxtrans.com/silverfoxtrans.com/Home.html

[ 2016-10-24, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: 70stang351w ]

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com