Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » No spark problem

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: No spark problem
dre5.0
¯
Member # 12026

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dre5.0  Ford pictures for dre5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is it possible for a bad ignition switch to make a car not start at all. I'm getting fire to the coil but not at the spark plugs. Car is a 85 mustang. The car has a brand new distributor and still will not start.
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you have an electric fuel pump, is it turning on? You need to confirm you're getting both spark and fuel.
93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 5.0  Ford pictures for 93 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have you checked to see if your getting spark at the end of the plug wires and check the dizzy I got a new one and it was crap orileys can check the dizzy for you

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com