Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » delete

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: delete
rollininmy50
¯
Member # 9067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollininmy50  Ford pictures for rollininmy50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all, what I have is a 93 ford ranger 3.0 liter 4x4 truck that failed the NO part of smog today. Max reading says 533, the truck tested at 889. All other passed smog . This truck did not come with an EGR valve I see a plate where the EGR should of gone. Any ideas what to do? I will scan it with an obd1 reader and check timing to be sure it's at 10 degrees btdc. Other than that everything thing looks great. Supposedly the cats were replaced in 2014. Any ideas?

[ 2016-10-11, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: rollininmy50 ]

ford521
¯
Member # 14321

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ford521  Ford pictures for ford521  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do our smogs at work , we have a few Aerostars with 3.0 non egr...a pain to smog . First I would drive it on the freeway like you stole it to clear out the cats , if that doesnt work may have to squirt small amt of water into vacuum port of intake to clean carbon out. Good luck!

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com